Ender3 All Metal Direct Drive Upgrade

V6 24 volts.

1 Like

I have creality cr10s and not sure it has 24V for hotend but probably this is the case too have fast higher temp. Thx for the advices. I have a nylon roll that I never dare to try with bowden tube extruder. I replace the tube with a capricorn high temperature but still is a bit at its limit.

Seems like CR10 it’s 12Volts, but ender 3 is confirmed 24V. Please confirm from manufacturer’s website. Also you can look at the regulator sticker.

2 Likes

I thought so. they change to 24V only for the latest models.

Ahhh okay. Here’s the USA Amazon link

CHPOWER CR10 Hotend, Assembled MK8 Extruder Kit for CR-10S/ CR-10S400/ CR-10S500-12V) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B6HSYR8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bvQeDb1FPZ9JD

1 Like

@Friskies, would love to know about your direct drive setup.

1 Like

I run this kit with a pancake stepper motor, and all metal hotend and this mount and blower. It gives a massive increase in print versatility without adding too much weight. Trianglelabs do a fantastic copy of the bondtech kit. I would highly recommend it, especially for printing TPU. Oh and the fillament spool is awesome too but you should put a metal plate underneath to support it or design a bracket for it to help with the screws.

1 Like

At the end I got all the parts from Trianglelab. I read really good reviews about their bmg and V6 kit.
Looking forward to print Nylon as a champ. Did you also got a stain steel nozzle or similar? Otherwise nylon will just destroy the brass nozzle

1 Like

Hardened steel nozzle is also available, that is the best one, better than stainless imo

1 Like

I’m just using the brass nozzle atm. I’m printing a lot of TPU at the moment for my race drones. Will probably try some PETG when I get around to buying some.

1 Like

do you never check the tip of the nozzle lately? I think also TPU is rather abrasive.

ok I will search for it.

Found this one that has a good price compare to the other and it’s from a known company https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32959990000.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.38153c00Jok64Y
I will give it a try

1 Like

Do you guy have found the final bed surface to adhere PLA, PETG, ABS and Nylon? I am using PEI sheet that you stick on glass and work great but at high temp the glue that keeps them in place loose a bit a nd I always have to flat down bubbles afterwards. I would like some final bed surface, even one that comes with the glass that solves all the problem.
I have read about the silicon carbon ones or also this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32917833861.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.38153c00Jok64Y

this one the carbon silicon from Creality

PEI works great for me. I use an “Eryone” magnetic flexible steel surface with a PEI Sheet, it was £50 for a 310*310 size, and has been perfect for PLA, PETG, and a single small print from ABS. Haven’t tried Nylon yet, I’m in the process of building another printer for the high temp prints that require an enclosure, and will try it on that one.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, the problem with magnetic surface is that when you print at high temp they get demagnetise.

2 Likes

Cheap ones do, but this one I think is advertised for 130 or 150 degrees, and i’ve run loads of rolls of PETG at 80 degrees and a small print out of ABS at 105 degrees, and it is holding as well as the first day i got it.

2 Likes

Link please :grin:

I am in UK, and this is the one I ordered from Amazon.

They have other smaller sizes too. The printer I am building at the moment is a 400mm Hypercube Evo, and they don’t have those in the size I need, so for the new printer I ordered this one from Aliexpress.

It also seems to have good reviews, is cheaper, available anywhere as its shipped from China, and I suspect it might be just a rebranding. I haven’t received it yet, and I think I will get to test it in about 3-4 weeks, depending on when I get all the parts.

Also you do need some sort of mesh levelling if you’re planning to get a magnetic plate. It will fluctuate slightly in height (about 0.1 mm in my experience), so I added a Trianglelab BL Touch clone and have been getting perfect results using a 5x5 mesh.

1 Like

Yep I am installing a trianglelab BL touch.
Do you run the auto leveling all the time or it can be kept in memory for like a cr10 (if you know that of course)