eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

@pmg You can open the stl and check. I searched and can’t seem to find the original file. What I found looks like the image below and the bolt pattern for that is 29mm from center.

1 Like

That checks with my crude measurement :slight_smile:

1 Like

How were you able to disassemble this version? I’m trying here too but the motors seems stuck even after removing the big nut.

2 Likes

I LIGHTLY tapped with a rubber mallet “around the clock” and it came away.

1 Like

Like Bill said , a rubber mallet does the trick. The motors are on a square hub and there’s a slight slight taper. Once you get it going it should come off easier. Some easier or harder than others since were taking about Chinese tolerances here.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the help! I used a rubber mallet and it worked. To put it on the new hangers though I had to use a hydraulic press. I guess this is what you meant by Chinese tolerances :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly LOL. I’ve had two sets and all of them
varied slightly in size. I also used a press going back together on one. It’s good to know they are fully shouldered.

2 Likes

Btw for future reference of others going through this - here’s what happened to me:

I have contacted the AliExpress seller and they agreed sending a new truck.

5 Likes

Help please. I missing a pin in the truck mount. Anyone know what I can use as a replacement?

You need a precision measurement. Do you have a digital caliper? Perhaps someone here knows what size it is, but once you do, you can just order some. I don’t know how those pins get affixed so that they don’t fall out, so you will have to give that some consideration. Perhaps you can bend the ends? Or maybe some Red loctite.

1 Like

Thanks. I haven’t said digital gizmo. Though I was thinking on those lines when it comes to fitting and sticking. Wanted a quick fix before I ask the fellas at boundmotor to assist.
So for those who have them, know that the pins can fall out.

I forgot the name, but you can smack them in and they stay with friction. This technique is used in trucks a lot aswell. I would guess about 2mm eyeing this.

The rods are spring steel, hollow with cut and are a little bit bigger than the hole, if you smack em in they compress, making it so they stay in place.

2 Likes

Ah, an interference fit.

3 Likes

Google translate sais tension pin.

2 Likes

Seems like they could use some loctite. That must be the housing, hey?

1 Like

They dont need loctite. You smack these in, they compress and form a heavy friction fit .

1 Like

His pins fell out, or am I mistaken?

1 Like

Yep it fell out. No doubt to vibrations riding on crappy roads.

1 Like

Waiiit now im actually confused, i dont think they use these pins at all, its just an ordinary friction fit i think, mind showing a picture of the other?

2 Likes

I will have a look out for them. Much appreciated.

1 Like