eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

it starts here if you’re interested

Ah… I actually DO remember that from back in the day! I forgot he used my file in combination with another.

I misunderstood, thought he needed an adapter. He just wants YOUR fancy new one :wink:

1 Like

It’s all good. I have boas coming in so I’ll be able to just use the metal adapters that came with the drives

Rev. 2
I was a little OCD about R1 plus i left the adapter in the acetone vapor bath too long…
esk8 testing today for science…

3 Likes

Could explain why the acetone vapor bath? And how?

1 Like

I can give you the concept and you may educate yourself further if you choose to…

acetone is a solvent…

if you heat acetone it will vaporize at a low temperature, which has many positives

investigate the interwebs and use your noggin and there are a myriad of uses for a vaporized solvent

in this low-tech application I placed some paper towels soaked in acetone in a glass jar… I suspended my part and put the whole assembly in the sun to vaporize the acetone…

acetone vapor increase layer bonding in this application

removes magnets from motor bells in other applications…

go vaporize some shiT!

1 Like

Thx Kook, now up to improving my bonding

1 Like

go slow… an hour~ish in the warm day sun may be sufficient…

you can always choose to override your slicer as well…

science is k00l

1 Like

Just be aware that it only works on certain filaments:

filaments that can be polished using this process are: ABS, ASA, PMMA, HIPS and Polycarbonate. Other filament types are either unaffected by acetone or are damaged by it.”

1 Like

I had great results with this filament:
https://www.extrudr.com/en/products/catalogue/green-tec-pro-natur_2286/

I have run my 85kv elofty on 150mm and I am 82kg so I think you will be ok. 12s

1 Like

Hello, I need HELP!!!

I’m trying to to remove my motors but they seem to refuse to go
I took off the big silver nuts, is there anything else to do after that?

2 Likes

@kook probably would know. Which set do you have? the og’s or the new esk8supply/boundmotor ones?

1 Like

Those:

I’m not 100% and have never had to take mine apart as they came apart for me :sob: :sob: :joy: :joy: :poop: :poop:

2 Likes

So anyone can help me taking my motors off?
@kook @Esk8supply maybe? :slight_smile:
Gonna finish my board before un-lockingdown :metal:

2 Likes

When I replaced my eLofty motor I needed to tap “around the clock” with a rubber mallet to get it off the axle.

2 Likes

Ok so there’s not clip or whatsoever, it’s just tight ?

1 Like

On my OG 58s, no. YMMV.

1 Like