eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I use one of the these and it works great. Let me find the size. Genius. Can’t find rn but they usually come in sets and are as cheap as @Zach 's cologne.

7 Likes

Remove the adapter and use a 17 or 19mm wrench. Then it’s basically loose, might need a rubber hammer to force it out.

4 Likes

Soooo no answer from any of them?

1 Like

Lofty only makes this kind now.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2280/1489/products/Direct_Drives-2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1566000902

2 Likes

You know where to get them?

1 Like

Me and @Winfly can easy get them, let establish a group buy

4 Likes

Not based on me though, I’m still figuring it out.
I now have four working 56kv motors which is cool in case of failure. :wink:

2 Likes

Let’s see if we can get a left handed thread on the right axle.

5 Likes

Will still loosen on hard braking, no?

NO… ONE motor one part… properly fixed I’ve had zero probs…

2 Likes

probably not… all the motors presently are the same, and all failures I’ve tracked are from the right-hand side motor can…

1 Like

I didn’t have any motor can unscrewing problem cus I’ve always had the original factory Drives. The loose cans are clones. The only problem that I had with lofty was the right drive will unscrew the nut holding it against the hanger making it have free room to rotates a tiny bit every time I hard break. By turning the thread on that axles nut to a left harder screw, hard breaking will tighten the nut keeping the drive on instead.

Seems like most ppl on this thread has already gotten their lofty Drives / clones. Can I get a head counts on ppl who are interested in getting rkp or dkp original factory Lofty Directdrive? It will probably be around $200-250 for a set landed in the US. Honestly I think these will be great for a 4WD setup with lower spec VESCs too.

3 Likes

True about the can, but I found my left adaptator’s screws (and pins) loose after a while!

2 Likes

Got my drives in today, they seem quite well made. Its the clean cans, however it seems like they put screws in the threads.

I know i know the board is backwards and the wheels arent on there correctly, was just a quick setup on how it looks.

3 Likes

Might be bad photo angle, but the can on the right has a gap between end cap and the can. Before mine unscrewed, that gap did not exist. My replacements have no gap either.

1 Like

The cap came unbolted, so i just loosely put it on, you have a sharp eye :stuck_out_tongue:

I will also take a look at the inner cap tomorrow if thats what you meant actually, good find too but i suspect its the set screw that forced it backwards or something(i hope).

1 Like

I’d be in on that deal ($2-$250 for the set).

Congrats! Check the bolts on the wheel adapter…mine came barely hand tight and others received them with Loctite already in place.

1 Like

That a good way for customers to stay alert :stuck_out_tongue:
In the end it’s not a bad thing for DIY

1 Like

I’m not a fan of 25mph surprises, so I have learned not to assume things were done right from the factory.

2 Likes