eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

It took me 10km for the whole drive to fall appart so you should be good :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of truth there. I have become a lot more discerning in who I test for. I tested some 6380 motors a while back, special heat dispensation that turned out to be a slap of aluminum that directed the heat back into the slave bearings, causing it to seize and me getting 22 stitches. Not even a ā€œIā€™m sorryā€.

8 Likes

thatā€™s 8 drives that this has happened to that I know of!

2 Likes

Tomorrow Iā€™ll try mine the second time, I hope Iā€™m one of the lucky ones :smiley: Maybe my 4wd config is nicer to the drives running them cooler and distributing forces :thinking: I donā€™t want to deal with those Elofty people ever again :frowning: With @Esk8supply Nathan I have the feeling that hes really trying to solve the issues, elofty would deny there are any at first i bet.

3 Likes

Hi guys. Iā€™m back in contact with lofty. This time they have some rkp DD and dkp belt drive kit coming out to the market. Personally not super interested in using them but I can organize a US groupbuy. Let me know if you guys are interested. Iā€™m in talking with someone thatā€™s more on hands with the drives and willing to help you fix your problems and it seems like lofty products has become more stable.

I can also import 40T packs from them anything from 3-8p as a good price

interest form.

• RKP DD 65kv
  • Dkp beltdrive dual 5065 or 6368s
  • 40T A stock pack 3-8p

0 voters

1 Like

Can you also organize a group reclamation for the buyers of the previous experiment?

1 Like

What do you mean?

They donā€™t respond well to claims, latest drive had some serious issues (read the last 10 or so posts) so you seem to have a better conenction to them comapred to us ā€œnormalā€ buyers.
This can unscrewing problem for example:

Iā€™m not entirely sure what I can do. If you are experiencing this problem drop a name here and msg me pictures and your order receipt. Iā€™ll see what I can help. Iā€™m not a vender like eskateSupply so I can only help so much.

• I need help with fixing lofty DD or need replacement.
  • Yes

0 voters

1 Like

What does that poll even mean? And make the poll public or people will vote randomly just to see the results

God damn it, I get the DKP ones and a month later thereā€™s RKP ones. Eh I guess I need the 58KV DKP ones anyway since Iā€™ll be running bergs. Probably better off that I got these from Nathan as well.

2 Likes

Just a public head count of ppl that need help?

The latest issue has affected 8 drives according to @kook

Thats not bad given that the forum is not the center of esk8 :smiley:

2 Likes

You better home @longhairedboy didnt see that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I read it somewhere :smiley: Its definitely MY center of esk8 since I dont use FB/IG/reddit etc :slight_smile:

3 Likes

makes me wonder where the center of esk8 actually is.

probably in a FB group somewhere, advertising 30 mile range on pneumatics.

8 Likes

BTW mine are not bought from elofty they are bought on another site.
But they seem to all come from the same factory anyway.

It may be from the same factory but there are many iterations. As far as I understand, elofty doesnā€™t produce them, they just brand them. You can specify to the factory to make small tweaks and changes (hence different versions)

1 Like

Any info on the RKP DD?Pics? Compatibility with previous cans, axles, and adaptors?
I remember they started out with rkp and abandoned it early on. Any idea if itā€™s the same exact thing again - or new through and through?

1 Like

Minor eLofty scare yesterday:

One wheel locked up, sending me flying but was at housing block speed so no real issue. Thought loose magnet or seized bearing. Did the shame walk home. Turned out the motor retaining nut worked loose and came into contact with the bearing/wheel core. Added to my weekly check-up.

8 Likes