eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I have the 72KV version of the first variant bought from Kenna on e-bay. I have at least 600 km on them and didn’t had to retighten any screws. With gear on me I am around 96kg and no bended axles either.
In my case the communication with Kenna had been good and I received all the items shown on the pictures.

3 Likes

this is from eBay Uk but they are easily available wherever you are.
Hope it helps dude.

4 Likes

Also for anybody out there that would like to use a 12mm axle and still run skate wheels, I have found after looking for “a very long time” these non standard sized bearings from Switzerland.
They’re not cheap as they are irregular and probly made in small batches but they have resolved an issue i thought I’d not be able to overcome.
For 12mm axle running standard skate wheels use these:
https://www.cajkashop.com/bearing-12x22x5-metric-shielded-ball-bearings-20375-p-39765.htm
and these trucks:

you’ll have to do some DIY but that’s what we here.

1 Like

@Esk8supply, is there any chance I can change to the 58KV for the group buy. As much as I don’t want 58KV, I would feel better off getting those. Since I’ll probably put some sort of pneumatic on them I wont need those 105mm wheels.

1 Like

@Esk8supply you told me directly that the 58Kv drives were from the same manufacturer as the eLofty drives.

My drives that I have issues with are the 58Kv version

1 Like

For anyone with any interest, here are some of the issues and problems I have had with the 58Kv eLofty drives, purchased August of this year. (posted originally in the group buy thread)

4 Likes

See this is the reason I don’t want the other version lol. I’ll take the 58KV for the group buy @Esk8supply. What will the total cost be for the 58KV in that GB?

1 Like

I’ve had to deal with too much BS with the raptor hubs. I’d honestly take a speed reduction if that meant a more quality product potentially.

2 Likes

Sure, It is $252 without wheels

1 Like

Ok word, put me down for a set of those than for that GB. Thanks dude.

2 Likes

Also, does anyone know what base plates these fit for TKP? Was it Indy’s? Trying to get the bushings and other hardware ordered asap.

I had no chance to try yet but it looks like indys fit. You have to get longer kingpins though. Just hammer the old ones out and put the new ones in. (58kv elofty)

2 Likes

Ok, would you know what size the kingpin needs to be?

I used a caliber rkp kingpin:

Sorry for the bad picture :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have like 5-6 TB 218 baseplates at home. Those will probably work. Thanks dude.

where did you find the Indy TKP baseplates?

Since I’m in Germany it was skatedeluxe.de. Ask @mishrasubhransu

1 Like

Noted :slight_smile:

Ok cool, I wasn’t sure if it would be better to coordinate with you or him. Also just for clarification. I’ll only be getting 1 item just those 58KV’s. Not the 105mm wheels or the 72KV’s

1 Like

oh! Double noted!

2 Likes