eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Im working with Kenna to reformat her shop. it will be easier and less guessing game. probably adds a limited time forum discount code in the future.

9 Likes

Yes, she mentioned that. Supremely cool of you, because that’s not a strength of hers at this point.

6 Likes

@Janux-esk8, how heavy are the hubs? Trying to get a sense of how it compares to the aliexpress aluminum hubs.

when i had them they were very light, didnt measure.

Chill looking board. Show us the underside too( Maybe just edit the post above.)

Can you take a new screenshot of vesc real-time while the motor is spinning at max speed?

2 Likes

@DAddYE I somehow missed this question. I set the reverse speed limit using the vesc_tool(mobile app)/profiles. I can set speed in km/hr. I don’t know if the desktop app also allows you to do the same or not.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s correct, I calculated the same. Your winding resistance is also a bit higher than motors which are 58KV, so it makes sense.

We’ll be waiting for what you have to say about the setup after you have ridden it for 50 miles or so. BTW, how do you like your backfire X1?

1 Like

From ~800g T6 aluminum slug :point_down:

To ~157g eLofty hubs

20 Likes

Oh man… so nice.

2 Likes

Anyone know if it is possible to use the elofty with the meepo 30A esc?

5 Likes

In sure it would be ok?

Yeah I am sure it will be ok too. I hooked it up to the Meepo v2 esc for a couple minutes and it ran fine. The extra power from the newer esc will be great

Yup. Current daily driver setup. Works well. Bit more grunt than the 24A and smoother power/braking. It’s potted, too. Plan to try the Hobbywing higher output as well when it shows up in the Meepo store.

1 Like

which one is meepo 30A , 24A? 24A is liying right? 30A is hobbywing?

I believe the Meepo V3.0 is 30A LiYing and the “Meepo FOC” is a 28A Hobbywing.

V2 should be LiYing 24A

1 Like

I am so confused. I don’t know what any of this means but they still have not shipped my order :thinking::sweat:

Does this new LiYing ESC still have the power outs when hitting cracks or bumps?

1 Like

When she says something that I don’t understand, I say that. She states it in a different way.

It’s pretty annoying to wait. Ask her when will it be shipped 3 days 1 week 15days?

But it seems it’s with shipping company and that the delay is causes by some recent government regulations?

I have asked her several times, just to get vague responses

Sigh! That’s annoying.