Does anyone else get very cautious and nervous around cars?

Yep so much so if one comes I pull over and wait for them to pass , I don’t know how u guys do it swerving between traffic forget that. Not worth my life that’s for sure

Sidewalks are very dangerous I had my first superman accident on one I got a little confident and picked up speed and a lifted sidewalk tile made me fly.

I ride exclusively in the streets with cars. If you ride slow it can be dangerous with cars zooming by but if you can keep up with traffic it’s much safer.

Good advice is to never follow a car to closely from behind they can suddenly brake alot faster than you can and they generally conceal any road debris or holes that are coming up and by the time you notice its too late.

When you make eye contact with a driver make sure to wave at them, sometimes eye contact isnt enough and they are in lala land thinking about something else, waving breaks that thought process and forces them to acknowledge that you are there and you are coming.

4 Likes

Also one last thing I ride alot south beach and downtown the speed limit there is 30-35mph max so I can keep up but 40mph+ streets are dangerous cause people drive way too fast.

Check out how we ride in Miami

2 Likes

Bike lanes help with speed but here in LA people would rather hit you then slow down. Almost got hit today because someone wanted to make right turn through the bike lane but didn’t want to wait so they tried to speed up and cut me off. My knees were probably only inches away from the bumper, then of course they scream at me like it’s my fault. @thisguyhere was telling me someone ran over his tire when he was in a bike lane then they sped off

2 Likes

Probably the best advice there is.

2 Likes

If you ride in the street here, Fort Myers Florida, you will die, not a matter of if, but when!

I stay off the main road as much as possible, but if I need to ride somewhere I ride on the sidewalk, we don’t live in an area where there is pedestrian traffic.

Come down to Miami we have a group ride tomorrow night. @Alpacaslapper

1 Like

Yupp i was there. Guy just decides hes going to turn right at an intersection when hes in the second lane over. No warning. Runs over @thisguyhere sixshooters then proceeds to drive away. Glad neither of us got hit

2 Likes