Do bigger motors deliver more torque at the same motor current?

More tension is more efficiency.
Transistors and also motors.
Voltage is like the pressure that presses on the magnets, not just the current.

It’s less resistive losses as the same energy can be transferred with less current. Of course at some point the energy will like to fly somewhere rather than do what you want it to.

1 Like

Current is the quantity of electrons moving voltage is the preset and there for the speed that there moving at. combine thay make the wattage that will result in the pressure on the magnets.

1 Like

why does a lower KV motor have more torque?
Because it behaves like an ignition coil / throttle coil. There is a kind of induction voltage which results in more pressure because it builds up a larger static magnetic field.

I agree with you URI PUI set. But not all watts are the same. Look at how it is with asynchronous motors as they are there. They will be the future at some point. Our controls are not ready for the public yet.

Because tork for us only limiting factor a low RPM for ESK8

A 100kv motor vs a 200kv motor at 1mph 100kv motor PWM is on for double the amount of time than the 200kv motor. (There is a few other losses in lower KV motors l but only small amount) this is also presuming that have the same gear ratio so the 200kv motor can go almost double the top speed

Hey Kids.
TLDR.

I’m pondering upgrades for my flux build.
running off a Unity.
currently have a 12s10p 30q pack. 30Ah
going to a 12s9p BAK-N21700CG pack for 45aH.

I have the TB 190kv 6380s on there.
they have been just great.

will I be happier if I go to the flipsky 190kv 6384?
guessing this is negligible.

will I be happier if I go to the flipsky 63100s
thinking this could be nice.

what would Jesus do?

Does the flux have gear drives? without them, I don’t think 100’s are a good idea.

Unless you’ve had maintenance issues with the TB’s or want to go to a sealed can, they’re probably fine

4 Likes

it currently has belts…
I also ponder getting the bn drives.

the flux runs totally fine…
in fact I should not mess with it…

but I can’t help myself.

one thing I want to do with the larger battery is go from 14/72 to 15/72.

so if I do get a bumb in torque from the 63100s that would be welcome.

3 Likes

Just some few things I think it’s important to point out, keep in mind that I just skimmed thought it all since there was 300 messages since last time I looked here

1 - Doing efficiency calculations using only copper losses is wrong and non representative of real life usage, you have to include a core loss model, specially since we see bigger and bigger motors these days, I bet that for most riders core losses are bigger than copper, so you would benefit from actually making the motor spin slower and increase motor current limits to have the same torque as before

2 - Only way to actually make any useful comparison that it’s not just blind testing is using ride data for your specific board with you riding, the more the better, so you can get a pretty good sample size, having that on hand plus a representative motor or motors models, you can “easily” find the the best ratio and motor combo for your riding/terrain style. If you go a step further you can even have a thermal model of each motor and find the most efficient setup that still has the same torque as before and wont overheat

3 - Just reiterating, comparing voltages, motors, ratios and etc on single point is useless, as in X setup is Y when I accelerate at Z throttle

4 Likes

But surely there’s some very good clues you can look toward such as the motor size constant (km) giving the torque to electrical resistance which can be used to compare all motors, and the no-load current draw at highest speed.

I believe the iron losses will be revealed accurately through the no-load draw until the motor were saturated, but other than that the current drawn with no load at a certain erpm will be pretty much the same in use

4 Likes

I have an Exway Flex board.
I’m making a new 12S4p P42 battery and Ubox V2. Wheels 6 inch Flipsky 150x50 Pneumatic with 60T.Now the question I want good efficient small motors 6365-6368. Question what do you think about Maytech 6365 170KV 3500W. The motor has temperature sensors and half sensors on all 3 phases. Maytech Schlacht Gehärtet Bürstenlosen Motor 6365 170KV 3500W 8mm Welle DIY BLDC Gürtel Motor VESC Kompatibel Motor Kabel kamera Verwenden|Transmission| - AliExpress

1 Like

Wath think about this moto ?
Vs Flipsky 63100

1 Like

Ill have a set of these coming in soon-ish if you want to see the motor detection results vs some flipsky 6384’s

1 Like

Yes pleace :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Wath have you order ? Battery 12s ?

Hm? I have a set of the reacher 7490’s coming in fron SKP’s recent motor purchase. Will be running them on a 13S4P with a spintend ubox.

Kv from 7490 ? 175kv ?
Gearbox or 5/1 ?

175kv, belt drives, currently running 15/72 but will be switching to 15/78 with 20mm wide belts soon.

1 Like

have one step `? test ?

Reacher 7490 265Kv

1 Like