DIY Wheelbite help.

16mm: the first two numbers are the motor diameter and the second two are the length

well yes but performance wise

The larger motor can take more amps without over-heating. Realistically everything over 6374 is pretty much overkill for a street board. If you are going off-roading with 8"+ tires then it makes sense to go for huge motors.

The other thing to consider is once you go above 6380 you are going to need really wide hangers. 240mm minimum and 63100s require 270mm or 280mm hangers.

Also the motors start getting pretty heavy when you go for massive motors so carrying your board becomes more of a chore.

1 Like

Another question, do you think its worth it to go for idler mounts, I was looking at boradnamics mount kits and they have either idler mount kit or regular motor mount kit, I seen a post that said he got way more braking power and uphill torque.

I have never used them even though the last set of extended mounts I bought from BN have them. My thinking is that they will increase drag and belt wear. However, they make it easier to get more tooth engagement.

If you set up your belt tension correctly and run a minimum of a 15T motor pulley I don’t think they are necessary. I will try them out eventually!

You think these trucks and motor mounts are good?

All of Kevin’s stuff is really high quality and fairly priced. However, you may need the extended length mounts depending on which deck you go for. I believe the link you shared is for the short mounts.

hold up I forgot I wasnt getting that

I was getting this instead its the same setup except regular non idler motor mounts

Im fairly certain Ima go with the evo If 6 inch wheels work thats great and I need the more clearance because of bad sidewalks

what do you mean by short mounts and extended mounts, youre saying I should get longer motor mounts?

Check with @Boardnamics - For an EVO I think you may need these mounts:

1 Like

The long mounts are good for reserve mounting or when you’re using 6"+ wheels. The small mounts are more for urethane builds.

Idlers allow you to get more teeth engagement with the belt, which in practice not only means your belt is less likely to skip on hard acceleration or braking, but also means you can run your belt looser which gives you better range. I use idlers on all my boards with belt drive.

Just an FYI subsonic is going out of business and has stopped production completely :pensive:

what would be the advantage in using the bigger mount over the regular one for 6 inch wheels

I recommend the longer one if you intend to use a wheel pulley bigger than 60T. 72T pulleys don’t work on the smaller mounts.

Also, the bigger ones are stronger. 8mm thick arm plate and 13mm thick clamp. The regular one has a 6mm thick arm plate and 10mm thick clamp.

Sounds good, also what do you think of diyelectricskateboard site I seen a lot of really good or really bad things about them, I want to use their motors, motor pulleys, and wheels although Im scared they arent gonna show up or they arent going to be good to begin with.

I know, it is a bummer. I got mine during the group buy in 2019. The Century 40 is an amazing deck.

Get the TB motors they are solid. Pass on those AT wheels. Search this site and you will see that a lot of people had issues with wobbles that they could not fix with balancing. Checkout Infinity Hubs. TB motor pulleys are fine but don’t pay for bolt-on wheel pulleys. Get pressfit wheel pulleys from Boardnamics instead.

They dont have the wheel pulley size I want, I was going to get my wheel pulleys from 3dservias. However should I get their motor pulleys it looks like they will work.