Derelict Robot Industries

Yeah, that sounds right.

The FreeSK8 Robogotchi holds on to logs until you perform a sync operation with the Keep/Erase checkbox set to Erase. You can also perform a sync operation and leave the logs on the Robogotchi in case you want to sync with multiple devices. I imagine this will change in the future if we add cloud support.

There is enough functionality in the communication with the Robogotchi to actually display another list of files that are not yet on the mobile device. Allowing the user to select which logs they want to sync. So more of an actual file manager for what is on the receiver.

7 Likes

This is geniusā€¦
Last week i was wondering why you couldnā€™t maintain the log files on the board!

You know with all the connects/disconnects

I cannot wait for a good trial run of the DRI remote family of functional features and hardware!

7 Likes

We also added a Real-time Clock w/ a supercap that functions as a 60-day battery backup for keeping time (recharged instantly each time you power on your board).

When you log over Bluetooth you can rely upon your phones clock to tell you the time so that your logs have a reference time.

With an Asynchronous logging system like this, itā€™s possible for you to take numerous rides over a week and then sync up at a later time. The RTC allows the Robogotchi to keep time without the phone connected or even board power.

12 Likes

Take my monies!!!

4 Likes

Have you tested the behavior of this on a VESC with a low power sleep mode (i.e. VESC6 MK3)? If not, I just so happen to have such VESCs at my disposalā€¦

1 Like

How would that make a difference?

3 Likes

HEY, where are the ā€œgive a fukksā€ on the DRI site?
still out of stock, or now discontinued?

everyone should get a free ā€œgive a fukk cardā€ with every DRI orderā€¦ only oneā€¦ use it wisely!

6 Likes

Shhh! Im trying to get my hands on one of these for ā€œalternative hardware validation testing,ā€ dont blow my ruse.

3 Likes

This is looking awesome

You guys can plug a GPS module also right? Can update the time from there

3 Likes

Thatā€™s correct, thereā€™s also a GPS module upgrade port which would also have an RTC, but not everyone is going to have the GPS upgrade + we want the Robogotchi to be fully functional by itself.

We also have the FreeSK8 NRF52 BLE module, which serves as a drop-in upgrade for existing NRF dongles. Higher power transceiver + external antenna option. Should be ready at the same time as the Robogotchi.

14 Likes

Me wanting

7 Likes

Iā€™m wanting a remote with a discrete cam inbuilt, it really should be on the DRI agenda sometime +you get to play with new h/w components

Ps. What happens if you donā€™t feed the robogotchi data regularly? Sad face on lcd or worse?

5 Likes

This is super appealing to me.

8 Likes

This here is the killer feature over Metr right now.

6 Likes

Itā€™ll packetsniff your WiFi password and sell your credit cards on the dark web.

Standard stuff

8 Likes

So the start/stop of recording is triggered by switching on/off the board?
I heard there was a guy in Portland who didnā€™t switch off his board for months. In this case the data logger would just keep recording till there is no space left to save data, right?

No, because itā€™s incredibly easy to detect an idle state.

2 Likes

I guess I need to read the thread more detailed :joy:

Edit: still donā€™t get it or canā€™t find the information, so I do ask the shameless question to get my understanding updated.
What you mean with ideal state? The logger will switch off the recordings automatically when the speed is 0km/h for a while? Or how to understand that.

2 Likes

just accept that your board will now be smarter than you :yum:

7 Likes

Wasnā€™t it always like this already? :thinking::joy:

4 Likes