Demonstration in Amsterdam to legalize ESK8 / POSTPONED

Sure why not

Sweet! Looking forward to it.

Hereā€™s a cheap place to stay for the out-of-towners.

4 Likes

Iā€™m also there :+1:

3 Likes

To any that want to attend, please confirm via the Facebook event so we have a good estimate.

https://facebook.com/events/s/demonstratie-legalisatie-emobi/2162559820707285/

if you are doubting to book/travel, i can confirm we will definitely be riding, the city has approved. Still looking at possible little side event/entertainment to make it worthwhile for travelers, as the ride itself wonā€™t be long. 12,5 km Ā± 35 minutes.

5 Likes

This is my birthdayā€¦ give me a present and get it legalized! Sending my best wishes from the other side of the pond!

4 Likes

Happy birthday!

Get better friends.

:full_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

Amsterdamers, do you know any cheap hotels? From what Iā€™m seeing a double room for two nights costs 160ā‚¬ per night :upside_down_face: Iā€™m willing to stay 17-19 and if I find a cheap hotel then 16-19

We found an Airbnb which was like 25ā‚¬ per night pP. Not sure if you want airbnb though

2 Likes

Sure man anywhere to stay

Here is the airbnb where we stay. You just need to check if he has some more space

2 Likes

New update about the event, in Dutch so use google translate.

Small snippet with most important stuff:

RULES:

• Do not use your LEV vehicle before or after the demonstration, you risk fines and seizure.
  • A helmet is mandatory for each vehicle during the demonstration.
  • Wanton, too fast or dangerous driving is not tolerated.
  • A team captain drives the front and determines the speed and route.
  • You are responsible for your own safety.
  • You follow instructions from Team Captains and Police.
  • Do not deviate from the route.

Communication
We communicate updates in the run-up to the demonstration via this page, the Facebook event and our Whatsapp group. During the demonstration, communication takes place via team captains.

Side events
The demonstration attracts many users from all over the Netherlands and even abroad. That is why we are looking for nice options for after the demonstration to reward the long journey. If the weather is good we will organize a barbecue in collaboration with Fatdaddy. In addition, esk8.eu is looking to rent a go-kart track.

April 18
10:30 Collecting at De Ruijterkade
11:00 Start route
11:25 Regrouping on Vijzelgracht
11:35 Resume route
12:00 End at De Ruijterkade
14:00 Barbecue hosted by Fatdaddy

April 18 or 19
Not yet confirmed, possibly rented go-kart track powered by esk8.eu

3 Likes

Yes yes yes!!! Karting event is coming togetherā€¦ unfortunately every karting refused us in / around Amsterdamā€¦

But!! We have one in Den Haagā€¦

Normally it is going to be from 9:00 until 13:30.
We are looking to have some cool things after that. Food, karting and lasershooting all for a good combo priceā€¦

Hope to see all those international guys there too!

Some videos off the track:

6 Likes

This is one of the best tracks to ride on. Multilevel, ramps, great wide turns. Book your hotels. Itā€™s going to be a great weekend for ESK8.

6 Likes

Please donā€™t tell me that the demonstration will be canceled cuz of corona? Here in Germany all festivals have been canceled, all football matches, all schools, even final exams in the universities. EVERYTHING is canceled here. I hope the demonstration doesnā€™t get canceled :frowning:

4 Likes

We donā€™t knowā€¦ We have to wait what is going to be next. At this moment is the demonstration not canceled

2 Likes

In The Netherlands all events which include more than 100 people will be canceled untill the 31st of march. Time will tell if they prolong this measureā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t think this will happen.

Austria on lockdown, everyone closing borders, italy is collapsing.

Even if it were to happen i assume no one gives a damn with this situation.

But hey, prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Just got my esk8 confiscated in Germany, NRW.
Now they will test whether it goes over 6 km/hā€¦

3 Likes

Quick change the settings through metr :scream:

3 Likes

Make yourself ready for this shitshow.

1 Like