Demonstration in Amsterdam to legalize ESK8 / POSTPONED

all borders are closed till tomorrow. there will be no chance imo but hey, maybe the virus is defeated until then. who knows?
How long took it in china until the workers got back to the factories?
I think that could be used as some kind of time window.

2 Likes

Lets just ride as far as we can. Meet at the border and return home. Better than letting the ticket expire for nothing :smiley:

5 Likes

Yea I’m already over it, thankfully I didn’t book anything so I’m safe

1 Like

I’m up for it :joy::ok_hand:t2: , we can share a beer with the border control :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Very important initiative, even if not possible on April.
Would be also important to have these initiatives all over europe. Much more likely to have success.
Are there any efforts similar to this one in other countries?

Fahrgemeinschaft from Köln/Düsseldorf?

Hi guys, sad news.

The government has just announced all events are cancelled untill june due to Corona. We are slowly moving towards a lock-down. Being outside with more then 3 people will risk you fines up to €400 euro per person. We will therefore postpone the demonstration until further notice.

Stay safe.

4 Likes

giphy (5)

2 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

So @Creavenger @Mainflow i’ll cancel the airbnb later tonight. :sob:

2 Likes

It was only a question of time, that this happens :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah true… :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Haha that’s what I call German police :slight_smile:
THEY SHOULD TEST IF YOU’RE USING MOTORS OR BLACK MAGIC TO POWER IT.
The fee will be something like 51,65€ so that the police man can buy a donut with the extra 1,65€…
I don’t wanna be an anarchist now, but fuck police.

Anyway, how much did you end up paying?
What consequences happened?
Do you have your board back?
How fast were you? Could you explain the situation?

Maybe we make a “I got caught thread” where people describe what behavior made the cops react

2 Likes

You don’t need to, the police is now the new mafia. They are professional money collectors for the gov and they are turning against the citizens. Critical thought is long gone, just following orders and stupid laws blindly.

Because I already had legal insurance (very useful in these days) I contacted a lawyer to help me with this process. He asked the police for the files of the case and we are still waiting for that. Almost two months have passed now. I also learned deadlines of only for tax paying citizens, they have none.

The circumstances to how I got caught were so that I was going with my dog to the bakery to get some bread and croissants. I was going at about walking speed (5 km/h) and I turned left to a bigger street. Then I looked back and I saw that a police wagon was behind me and approaching. I started to cross the street to go to the sidewalk on the other side but then the police wagon caught up and they made a sign for me to wait for them to turn around.
Then it was the usual shit show and they took my board.

Definitely, that would help more people has this is probably happening more and more. Maybe @xsynatic want to start? :slight_smile:

We also should create online petitions for legalizing LEV…

2 Likes

We have a petition for the Netherlands.

https://legaliseerplevs.petities.nl/ - signed by 15.190 people so far. Although that is mostly used as a media tool to create headlines, and won’t change legislation on it’s own. The demonstration was also used to force awareness about the subject e-mobility.

Also have a website for our association LegaalRijden (LegalRiding) which a lot of Dutch politicians are now following: http://legaalrijden.nl/ - We are actually part of governmental meetings now where we represent the users, which makes us a strong party because there is no financial motive. And are expecting a first step towards legalisation this year for which we have already received the draft!

Every country where it’s banned should have their ESK8 community come together and start a professional movement (looking at you Germany and U.K.). Although most countries within the EU will automatically adapt new rules as soon as a set of European rules is launched. That might still take a few years but it is coming.

6 Likes

Thanks Nelson and all the people who are working on this, we owe you…

Interesting how we have an army of politicians gorging on tax payer money, both on country and EU levels, and we settle for a few years to make any development on this, if any…

Sorry for the rant.

With the demonstration postponed, we filmed a braketest to spark conversation. Currently legalized vehicles like mopeds, scooters and bicycles need have a maximum braking distance of 8.3 meters on the bicycle lane at 25 km/h. We show that LEVs have an average braking distance of 4.3 meters at 25 km/h.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Any new updates? :frowning_face:

A new demonstration is now in the works as Covid-19 restristions have been lifted.

Meanwhile we had a little guerilla protest, spray painted in front of several governmental buildings. And we managed to give our prime minister a flyer, see the clip below:

6 Likes