Demonseed Rebuild - custom CF deck, SRB trucks, 12s7p p42a, 6380

Thanks man you’ve been hugely helpful getting this off the ground. Just put the vicious grip on a couple hours ago actually:

6 Likes

Woah! I wish there was an intro to speed today, I want to see that beast in person. This gets my BOTY vote for sure!

5 Likes

I really like that grip design, are you okay if I use it as inspiration to get some custom grip tape made?

Absolutely, go wild :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

now that is incredible deck size :smiley:

wondering how many people would be keen to buy this. I’d be definitelly in a queue for it

1 Like

Seeing this image makes my head explode

That 42" Demonseed on the bottom is a rather large deck :exploding_head:

5 Likes

I love that the drop and concave of the new deck is so similar to the v1 demonseeds. The new demonseeds just aren’t as nice as the old ones.

1 Like

would love to see it next to RE44 :smiley:

no clue why it is so uncommon to make huge decks. the stability is the key, and you can fit bigger battery.

you can buy 42" quite easily, 44" is pain to get your hands on, and anything above is only custom :cry:

1 Like

The overall geometry of this board is inspired largely by the Stooge board and racing where stability while accelerating / decelerating is super important. So wider stance = more stability, lower center of gravity, and possibly a little less air resistance too. I originally envisioned this as a 60/40 group ride / track setup, so the front foot placement is always the same but my rear foot I could lock in the rear wedge for a lower, more active stance for racing or instead put it in the horizontal flat cave spot ahead of the wedge for a more relaxed upright stance. I just happened to really like the Demonseed’s concave but wanted the center 4" flat as it’s a tad more comfortable for long group rides and makes it a tiny bit easier to fit the battery - I find the wedges are more important at the track.

4 Likes

Couple thoughts on this. First it would be expensive, this iteration takes about $200 in carbon fabric alone, not including epoxy resin, labor, and optionally paint / clear coat. A lot of that carbon goes into strengthening along the length of the deck so I might be able to save a ply or two by adding more compound curves like a W concave you see on the Red Ember or by experimenting with different core materials.

Additionally the mold I have is only good for prototyping, the rough surface finish needs a lot of post cleaning so if I were to make these for others I’d want to get a final CAD or two machined out of modelling board or aluminum.

4 Likes

doot doot

1 Like

It’s been one year since completing the first iteration of this board and to commemorate the occasion here’s a photo dump of the highlights from this year.

13 Likes

Goddamn i love your work dude. Super impressive how this project started and what has come from it. Truly inspirational bro :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Cheers dude. If the opportunity ever arrives I’d love to buy you a beer and talk shop :beers:

2 Likes

so awesome!!!

3 Likes

such an epic build comp!!!

Need a list of all the good build showcases like this.

6 Likes