DAVEGA X Updates

Thank you. I appreciate it. F&F is not without fees though. I usually get charged around 2% for international transfers. Still worse than a credit card payment unfortunately.

2 Likes

Awesome update. Really like the upgraded Can version too.

When will the Windows v4 installer be ready? Anticipation is killing me!!

2 Likes

That’s how online stores in Latvia do it. I absolutely hate it, because I got scammed that way this fall when buying a 3900X… But for people / stores on here from people I trust I would love that.

1 Like

And even if you get the thing you want, good luck getting a warranty service or refund, friend of mine got ripped off on pretty reputable online shop with faulty GPU. If possible I always go for ‘‘cash on the spot’’ option from sellers with odd whereabouts or websites out of year 2004. Oh yeah, lot’s of them are also doing pseudo ‘‘drop shipping’’ where they claim they have the thing in warehouse, which in reality is an apartment in middle of slum, and they order the thing you purchased from some Europe warehouse with 2 week lead time, while asking double the money for claiming to have item locally in warehouse.
In nutshell IBAN is risky stuff from customer perspective. Also good luck with IRS, sooner or later they will come to your door if you consistently receive money without paying taxes.

3 Likes

I’d start accepting bitcoin. Then you can beat tesla to the punch.

1 Like

Or you can just pay taxes. I do. (Not that I’m thrilled about it.)

Alright, can we get back on the “DAVEGA X Updates” topic please.

8 Likes

Can I update my old Davegas to the new version without a mac yet? Or would I have to wait for the windows version?

You can do it with the DAVEGA X Tool as well but it’s a little more involved than using the installer. I’ll do the Windows installer tomorrow. Promise.

5 Likes

You’re gonna be ready wayyy sooner than my build is, so no sweat from me lol

2 Likes

Though I don’t deny I would also vote for the old red in the poll above, I must say that the new red is not at all bad after laser etching and assembly.

11 Likes

We have experimented with doing the laser etching in black on the red. It looks nice on the raw. On red, well, not so much:

Though with the correct angle and light it does look really nice:

The laser carved into the surface quite a bit here. I think there’s a lot of potential for making it look pretty if someone managed to trace the lines with a black paint. I tried and wasn’t able to do it. My hand is too unsteady for that.

Anyway, offering this one with 10 EUR discount if anyone feels like getting creative.

6 Likes

Yeah, still looks hella fine. No worries, I bet the new red will sell just as well. :slight_smile: Also, if you want black font just spray black paint over it, the wipe it gently off. Black paint will remain in the laser cut letters as they are a bit deeper than the rest.

4 Likes

It looks amazing, I don’t think anyone is going to complain.

1 Like

v4 installer now available for Windows:
https://davega.eu/install-v4

8 Likes

Awesome!! Thanks

1 Like

When i try the internet on the Davega it works but as soon as I go to update, it can’t connect, normal ?

That’s strange. Try increasing the connection timeout and/or move closer to your WiFi AP.

Angled baseplates are coming, guys. Here’s a 3D printed prototype:

I’m having 30 pcs machined together with the next batch of housings. ETA 2-3 months. It’s so convenient to have the CNC factory in your hometown. :ok_hand:

The housing can be attached in either orientation. This for a flat nose:

And this for a nose with a steep angle (35 degrees on most MTBs):

The baseplate angle is 15 degrees. So you get 15 degrees on a flat nose and 20 degrees on a MTB if reverse mounted. Those are both good angles. I get 15 degrees on EVO and that works really well.

I didn’t like the new red at first but it’s growing on me. The combination with the black looks particularly pretty. :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

I wonder how many people managed to upgrade to the version 4 yet.

Quick poll:

• successfully upgraded on Windows
  • successfully upgraded on Mac OS
  • I tried but it didn’t work
  • haven’t done it yet but I will
  • haven’t done it yet and not going to (aka “nobody’s taking the good old v0.5 from me”)

0 voters

1 Like

New small addition to the 3D printables. A thin riser to allow running the DAVEGA cable between the truck and deck without getting squished.

6 Likes