Did you install the latest firmware? You need the v5.3rc3.
Yeah, its on the latest fw.
I guess i’ll try again today and see if a fresh start helps.
Love that remote pal, where can I get my hands on one of those bad boys?
How are you finding the laser/engraver ? Very tempted to get one myself.
v5.03 is out
# v5.03 | 2022-01-10 - restore online backup over WiFi - boot to WebREPL (hold up+down at boot up) - execute custom start.py code upon boot up - fix: correctly recognize STROMCORE_60D+ and STORMCORE_100D_V2 as a dual ESC
sn8ke is now on GitHub:
Feel free to fork and experiment with the code. Do not hesitate to ask about any DAVEGA APIs where the usage is not entirely clear from the sn8ke code.
Make it run DOOM
I will leave that with the open source community. The real challenge would be how do you control it with 3 buttons.
Auto forward, middle to shoot…
Yeah, but can it run Crysis?
Can it be modded?
Left+right = forward
But make it run doom eternal now
Do you think that will resolve my issues with the stormcores?
No, but I just released another update that should help with that one – v5.04rc1. Completely untested at this point. I’ll do some testing later on today.
What it does is that when the master VESC is a dual single MCU (Stormcore, Unity), it only looks at the discharged/recharged energy for the motor 1 and multiplies the value by the total number of motors. From what I have observed, this should produce more reliable battery SoC and range calculations, especially for 4WD setups.
There’s a new menu option under “Misc” called “interpolate energy”, which is enabled by default. It only affects the dual VESC setups (for other setups the option is ignored). You can disable it to return to the previous behavior (track discharged/recharged energy for each individual motor).
Edit: I disabled the download for v5.04rc1 since there were some bad bugs (I tested it on my way to the office). Fixing now.
./davegax-v5-installer davegax-v5-installer v1.2 This will install the firmware version 5.01 on your DAVEGA X. Before you proceed, it's recommended that you create an online backup: Menu > Update & Backup > Backup > backup config & data Make sure you have the CP2102 drivers installed and connect your DAVEGA to the USB port. You will also need internet connection. Ready? [y/n]: y Auto-detecting DAVEGA X port... 3 serial ports found. Trying /dev/cu.usbserial-01B57D67 ... Connecting.... Success! Port detected successfully! Getting the device ID... Connecting.... Device ID: 7f82xxxxxxxxxxxx Getting the license key for your device... Verifying the license key... Looks good! Exporting data to /Users/romanp/Downloads/backup.dfs... Failed to enter raw REPL mode. Retrying... Getting the list of files... Exporting file: /data/canidcache Exporting file: /data/config.json Exporting file: /data/last_backup_km Exporting file: /data/mishaps Exporting file: /data/odometer1.json Exporting file: /data/odometer2.json Export successful! Fetching the firmware file... Downloaded successfully. Erasing flash memory.... esptool.py v3.0 Serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-01B57D67 Connecting.... Chip is ESP32-D0WDQ6 (revision 1) Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None Crystal is 40MHz MAC: 80:7d:3a:b7:72:cc Uploading stub... Running stub... Stub running... Changing baud rate to 460800 Changed. Erasing flash (this may take a while)... Chip erase completed successfully in 10.8s Hard resetting via RTS pin... Upgrading to v5.... esptool.py v3.0 Serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-01B57D67 Connecting.... Chip is ESP32-D0WDQ6 (revision 1) Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None Crystal is 40MHz MAC: 80:7d:3a:b7:72:cc Uploading stub... Running stub... Stub running... Changing baud rate to 460800 Changed. Configuring flash size... Compressed 1612832 bytes to 1020071... Wrote 1612832 bytes (1020071 compressed) at 0x00001000 in 24.7 seconds (effective 522.0 kbit/s)... Hash of data verified. Leaving... Hard resetting via RTS pin... Upgrade successful! Installing the license key... Failed to enter raw REPL mode. Retrying... Creating file: /license License key installed! Restoring backup... Creating directory: /data Creating file: /data/canidcache Creating file: /data/config.json Creating file: /data/last_backup_km Creating file: /data/mishaps Creating file: /data/odometer1.json Creating file: /data/odometer2.json Backup restored! All done successfully! Yay! Press enter to continue...
Upgrade went good
why does it use a baudrate of 460800? most remotes use 115200, wouldn’t this mean you can’t use UART remotes with this?
not attacking anything just curious about why and what
This baud rate is used when DAVEGAX is connected over USB to computer just for update process. This is not the same baud rate as DAVEGAX uses for connecting to VESC.
Are the once in store already v1.2 boards? Or still v1.1?
v1.1 was retired in November. It’s been v1.2 only since then.
Designing a DAVEGA box turned out to be way more time consuming than I have anticipated but it was a fun project.
These were my main goals:
- Easy to assemble.
- No glueing.
- Can be cut from a single sheet of A3 paper.
- All the DAVEGA parts fit in snugly for both pre-assembled and kit.
- The product box fits snugly into the cardboard box I use for shipping.
There was a lot of back and forth but it all worked out really well and I’m very happy with the result.
Here’s a short vid with cutting almost the final version:
Glamour pics of the final creation…
Fits into the shipping box nicely and leaves enough space for extras (e.g. angled baseplate):
And the shipping box also has the DAVEGA logo since I now laser engrave all the things.