DAVEGA X Updates

Has your issue been fixed?

1 Like

Not yet, @janpom sent replacement parts to see if something is wrong with the Davega. I haven’t received it yet, think it shipped on 1/5/21, so hopefully soon.

1 Like

Glad to hear you are still getting helped. I wouldn’t feel confident getting one otherwise.

1 Like

What you achieved so far is quite impressive !
I have been stoked by the analytics part ! Good job !

During the video we could see that sometimes the Davega failed to communicate with ESC #2 and BMS. Actually, it’s like one over 10 tries which fails.
Do you know why ? CAN issues ?

5 Likes

Yes, it’s a problem at the FlexiBMS side. Simo has already fixed that in the firmware. I just have to install the update.

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot coming from you.

2 Likes

shop.davega.eu

The new DAVEGA e-shop is finally up and running. I’m first announcing it here since I’m sure you guys won’t freak out if there are any initial hiccups. I have tested the e-shop thoroughly. Still, it’s new and it’s the first time I’m on the vendor side of an e-shop. Should you experience any issue, please let me know and I’ll sort it out ASAP.

Currently, you can only order the new DAVEGA X kit. I’ll be adding more items later – 3D printed accessories, spare parts, and maybe even some non-davega esk8 stuff.

Red housings should be available in about 2 weeks.

First orders will be shipped out next Monday since I only collected the next batch of housings before yesterday and they still need to undergo the laser engraving. That will be done over the weekend.

New DAVEGA X kit

Pre-assembled DAVEGAs are no longer available. The new kit is very easy to assemble and doesn’t require any soldering. I may still offer the assembly service later as time allows but I expect a high inrush of orders initially and I don’t want to fall behind again.

Here’s an overview of the new kit and the assembly process:

Detailed assembly instructions are available at the DAVEGA website:
https://davega.eu/assembly

How long will I wait?

I plan to keep the DAVEGAs in stock henceforth. I currently have enough parts on hand to handle around 100 orders. I also managed to identify reliable suppliers and I can backfill most parts in about a week.

A potential bottleneck is the PCB assembly that I do myself by hand soldering all the components. Should there be too many orders I may not be able to keep up. I do have some ready to ship though and I have also already become quite efficient in the assembly so I don’t expect this to be a problem.

In general, I aim to ship within 2 business days after receiving the payment.

Price

As I already indicated in one my previous posts, the price went up about 20 EUR for the kit. So you’ll now be getting the kit for the former price of a pre-assembled unit. Why is that?

Three reasons. First, there have been some improvements in the kit and you’ll be getting a few extra bits. There’s a glass screen protector in addition to the two acrylic protectors. There’s a rubber tape that makes the installation of the protector very easy. And the buttons come with pre-soldered connectors. The connectors now have flexible wires, are made to order and are fairly expensive.

Second, prices of some parts went up. Displays and cables are more expensive now.

Third, after reviewing the last year it’s clear this business needs more funding. So far I’ve been in the “let’s see what happens” mode and I mainly worried about delivering a good product rather than about making money. Going forward, I need to worry about both though since this is now my full time job and I have a family with two kids to support and my savings won’t last indefinitely.

I believe the price is still reasonable considering you’re getting CNC-machined alu parts, hand made electronics, and software that received hundreds of hours in the development time. Also, most of the manufacturing is now done in the EU (alu parts, screen protectors, cables, PCB assembly).

Shipping

Please be sure to read about shipping here, especially about the specifics of the economy shipping.

Accepted payments

All orders are charged in CZK. You can have the prices displayed in EUR and USD but this is only approximative. Note that the EUR/USD prices are based on fairly bad exchange rates, which may be as bad as (or even worse than) what your bank will give you.

Only credit card payments are enabled at the moment. PayPal should be enabled within a few days.

Transaction costs are charged to the customer. This is 2.3% for card payments and will be about 6% for PayPal (yes, PayPal is very expensive).

VAT

EU customer purchase including 21% VAT that’s added at checkout.

Shipping to UK

The e-shop currently doesn’t accept orders from the UK because of this after-Brexit madness. If you’re in UK and would like to purchase from me, please message and we’ll figure something out.

Shameless link to Pictures and nothing else for more attention. :innocent:

26 Likes

Will this work with the ubox spintend esc? The ubox is able to communicate with the battery to display p group voltages on its compatible remote so does this mean the flexibms, diebms is not needed?

It will work correctly for displaying the ESC telemetry. Reading the Ubox BMS data would probably be possible with some work on the firmware side. I haven’t looked into this yet.

2 Likes

It works fine with the Ubox, just have to make sure to use the custom firmware from ubox for correct voltage readout

5 Likes

You should have someone in the uk to get these out, will work out better for us brits without paying to much customs and taxes

In b4 someone tagging Anubis

2 Likes

How do you connect it to the ubox? I thought it only has 12v output so do you have a stepdown converter for 12v to 3.3v? Does this take up the connections for the light and horn or can you use both of those at the same time with the davega?

1 Like

NO, you simply plug the UART cable in from the davega to UART 2 on the Ubox. just make sure to match up the TX and RX pins

1 Like

Is the UART 2 the UART port on right, meaning the one for VESCB? There is also a UART port for VESCA on left so does it need to connect to both? I don’t know much about these ports sorry. Jan mentioned “Reading the Ubox BMS data would probably be possible with some work on the firmware side” but Skyart, are you able to read the BMS data without any software modification? Just plug in and all functions of the davega work?

2 Likes

correct, just plug it into UART B and everything should work. just have to make sure the RX and TX pins match up

1 Like

@Skyart I don’t believe you get the readings from the Ubox BMS on the DAVEGA or do you? That would only be possible if it used the same communication protocol as the Flexi or DieBie which seems unlikely.

Edit: What I mean is you don’t get the BMS screen.

3 Likes

oh no, i have no idea about BMS. especially since the spintend BMS doesnt even exist yet

2 Likes

Oh, doesn’t it?

Because @moddedlife said:

Does that mean there’s this capability prepared for when the spintend BMS is available?

2 Likes

correct

2 Likes

image image I don’t actually have the ubox spintend so I included some images from ubox to show that the ubox is able to display the bms data on the remote. I am interested in getting the ubox pro which will have more features than the ubox and will work with their bms. The ubox pro and bms will come out around April. I’m hoping to get a davega to work with both of these but not limit the number of light I can control by taking up one of the ports. Skyart mentioned that he cannot see the BMS screen which is what I want. With this compatibility uncertainty, I am not sure if I should order the davega now or wait for ubox pro and bms to come out and how complicated/fast could the firmware be adapted to work with it? At the same time, I was thinking of getting it now because I am worried about the davega selling out. Do you think you will still have stock in April or could it be a 1-2 month+ backorder?

1 Like