Current Forum Rules (SERIOUS)

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Bumped your account so you won’t be limited in posting or messaging.

Welcome, and we apologise in advance for @kook.

9 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

The anodized throne? Just wanted to say I’m not crazy active in the fuckery posts on here but I do enjoy them and I think these are more than fair guidelines.

Thanks Bill and mod team

2 Likes

Thank you to you all for what you do in this community. Without this community and your knowledge, i wouldn’t know how to fix anything related to esk8. A special Thank you to Mike Maner who i always bother when i need help with something or a little guidance on where to go when need to buy something. Thank you Mike for always helping me. Much appreciated. Big :clap::clap::clap: to you all.
@BillGordon
@longhairedboy (Damon)
@jamie (Jamie)
@mmaner (Mike)
@Dareno (Daren)
@anorak234 (Ben)
@zach (Zach)
@Sender (Tim)

9 Likes

No worries brother, always happy to help.

3 Likes

in that case, what’s the grippiest 6x2 pneummie tire?

2 Likes

The clever tires, the ones Dave used to sell or sells are the grippiest 6x2, IMHO.

5 Likes

Oof
poor @discobot

2 Likes

Just glad to help where I can. Truthfully this community would be pretty dead if it weren’t for you lot, so truthfully, the real gems of the community are all of you who continue to contribute in your own, uh, unique ways

6 Likes

Should misogynistic be changed to sexist? It may be seen as politically incorrect to not prohibit misandric comments as well.

10 Likes

Yes, good point. Edited. Thanks.

4 Likes

Huh, I had never heard that word before. I guess male privilege does exist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Curious if this also applies to admins being respectful to users, or if it’s a one way street? Do we have a certain expectation of the behavior of our own staff as well?

Hypothetically, say an admin had questionable social skills and/or an complete inability to deescalate a situation. Hypothetically speaking, such an admin might instead repeatedly tell a user to “fuck themselves” in response to said user asking a question, ultimately forgoing any sort of normal private moderation process and publicly threatening to ban said user if they continue to speak on a certain topic.

It also brings up an interesting question on whether or not people who have recused themselves from moderation should wield such threats as a weapon. Also the implications of being a vendor while also having the ability to censor users presents some interesting potential conflicts of interest.

This is a sincere ask- Curious what the moderation staff has to say on it.

As for me?

source (3)

PS: may I kindly ask that any changes made to the rules be posted in the comments as a a change log? Currently changes are made with zero real notification, and transparency helps on these particular topics.

5 Likes

iz dat ted danson in a gorilla wig?

3 Likes

I thought it was just Andrew :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

So 19 days later, here we are again, asking the same question.

In reference to this:

https://forum.esk8.news/t/there-is-no-neo-shit-going/33338

Following up on this because while there are private conversations happening about specific circumstances, I still feel this topic is worthwhile having a public forum on.

I feel like most the admins/moderators agree that the rules should apply to everyone.

But what happens when the reality is that is not true in practice? Is there any accountability?

What’s the plan moving forward?

2 Likes

I actually think mods should have the right to be disrespectful towards other members. Either the other mods will agree, meaning the person probably deserves it, or the mods will take that one mod aside and ask them to chill. Of course I wouldn’t mind if mods were held to the same standards; but the main point of that rule is to respect authority, and I 100% agree to that.

Now this I DO feel very strongly about. Even though I haven’t seen much bad behavior from those mods that also happen to own an esk8 related business, it’s so undeniably a conflict of interest I’m surprised they themselves have not chosen to step down as mods. As an example; I don’t think I’ve ever seen @Sender moderating this forum, so I just don’t get why he isn’t a normal user like the rest of vendors. (No disrespect meant Tim :heart: )

Maybe we could introduce badges or something to mark those people that are long-time trusted members of the esk8 family, without actually granting them all these extra permissions? Would be nice to prevent this before a minor incident inevitably happens and turns into a massive shit storm :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

This is a ridiculous statement. The most effective way to lead is to lead by example. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree.

15 Likes

Totally agree. But people should have the right to defend themselves.

3 Likes