Community lead mandatory safety

No longer. Bumped your account so no more restrictions. Congrats on the MetroX and glad you were padded up for the fall.

Welcome!

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome

This really wasn’t that burley of a get off. I have dragged my melon in the dirt way harder off motorcycles. Bought a Tri8 Invader today.
Crashing happens, and happens again.
Thanks again for the uncork.
R

4 Likes

I think we need a pinned thread with pictures of gruesome accidents to really hammer home the importance of safety.

2 Likes

^^^^ This, to be honest this thread made me go full face helmet.

1 Like

New users will see this thread. I’d argue that putting loads of gruesome images in one place would just be bad for the community because your average dad coming in to rekindle his youth (and likely have the money to give our premium small vendors) will just say “fuck it, I’m not here to get hurt” and leave.

If people read this and decide not to wear a helmet it’s simply a case of natural selection. Hopefully they stay out of the news when they eventually fall and hurt themselves.

6 Likes

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Hey guys I’m new here and coming from a downhill longboard background is that people don’t really care about us in cars. There was a time I was doing 10 over the speed limit in Ellicott city, Maryland, 40mph to be exact, and I still got passed and still got ran off the road by cars it caused a huge accident and I ended up snapping my head against the ground and some rocks if I Hadn’t worn a helmet I would have be dead right now. Safety gear is a must and since I’m new to esk8 I try to stay safe and pad up with at least a helmet gear can be expensive but is a must.

6 Likes

Right on. We love helmets. WE LOVE HELMETS!

2 Likes

I even make love with my helmet

2 Likes

@wandagoner you’re such a penis umbrella

2 Likes

Anybody have experience w/ these gloves?

1 Like

dude… what trucks were you using ?

ATS 12 from mbs. Do not recommend :sweat_smile:

It happened exactly one week before a race in Colorado. I only had the same ats trucks on me and was forced to race with them. I was very nervous and upgraded immediately.

5 Likes

fantastic article. if you don’t have sufficient gear that you wear every ride, please read!! :slight_smile: its about moto riders but applies almost entirely to us too.

3 Likes

The new bucket! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Digging up an old topic to ask - what is appropriate footwear with regard to safety?

The only other thread on this (What are your Eboard shoes?) is full of vans and low tops. Coming from a motorcycle background, wearing casual shoes is a big no-no at speed. I still have a set of moon boots that have saved my shins from being cracked a few times on a motorcycle, but would likely cause an accident from restricted movement on a longboard.

What do downhill speed freaks wear on their feet?

3 Likes

TSG makes some ankle protection…I saw someone mention it in one of these safety threads

I think it was these. Not sure how commonly they are used though, or how much they help

I wear Nike SBs. I think most people are wearing skate shoes. Some people wear padded or reinforced high tops of some type.

1 Like

I mentioned it and I use just like those. They are 6/10 comfortable.

1 Like