Community lead mandatory safety

Stop posting that picture. I can feel his abs judging me.

9 Likes

went flying after hitting a stone with the rear axle, full face helmet saved my head, would probably still be knocked out
i need wristguards badly, any reccomendations ?

3 Likes

Gloves with slide pucks work well. I cut the remote - hand puck to fit my remote contour.

Glad you were a genius and wore a helmet. How’s the rest of you and your board? I’m assuming you’re wrists/palms are wrecked…

Triple 8 Helping Hands are great.

2 Likes

The rest of the board is fine, small scratches and a dink in the safety plate on the gear drive, and yeah, wrist and knee is wrecked, landed kinda on the side of my body and hit my helmet pritty badly, funny thing is, pants didn’t rip and neither did the glove on the hand that I got the wound on, but wrecked the glove on the other hand
Knee is super swollen

2 Likes

I had a helmet, but I’m getting a better one soon ! The Bell* Super DH looks great. I am looking at the Armored Hoodie from Revzilla for general protection and for some hips protection too.

3 Likes

I have the bell super 3r and really like it.

I really wanted a tsg pass but my head is too big!

Revzilla sells some good stuff, I would invest in some TSG or some triple 8 knee pads too!!

2 Likes

That’s good to hear ! Thanks for the feedback.

I will invest in good gear for sure, I just need the funds but that will be sorted out before I ride again (at least 2+ month from now). :+1:

1 Like

Wore helmet only for protection, motor cut off running off the Carbon GTR and busting my left knee.
Ambulance and surgery 10 week recovery. No broken bones but tendon connecting the knee cap to shin bone snapped completely.
Will always wear my pads in the future.
Esk8 is the most fun I had in years and I will be back on the board as soon as possible

9 Likes

Ouch, sorry you had to learn the hard way. How’s the board?

No visual damage on the board.

2 Likes

I had a GTX for a short while and had two motor failures, one of which put me on my ass. It’s frustrating because those racerstar motors are probably the best thing on the board.

2 Likes

Good feels and fast heals man :call_me_hand:

I basically wear every protection possible. Better too much than too little. Not keen on learning it the hard way.

Still sorry for you, @EF82. Hope you get better soon.

5 Likes

I’m the same way. I learned the hard way too with three fractured ribs and micro fracturing in my shoulder. Now I take pride in full armor that makes me look like space man spiff.

3 Likes

Thanks for your well wishes, do you guys think this is overkill?

3 Likes

Whatever you can live with mate. Personally I’m going to get either MC chinos and hoodie with integrated pads, or @LAZYROLLING gear for daily wear while commuting.

2 Likes

I feel SEXY.

7 Likes

What matters is how you feel bud. Not how you look, which is good in this case :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

i think you can accomplish both. I was looking at something like this for PDX

https://www.costumepub.com/p-18238-kool-aide-adult-deluxe-costume.aspx?nvariantid=38460&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3ImF2tOQ6AIVTuDICh3Z3gAGEAQYBCABEgJj-PD_BwE

7 Likes