CHINESE SUPPLIED 18650S

If not in stock there then…

5 Likes

Do people in America purchase them from anywhere but bulkbattery.com? I suppose liionwholesale.com has some good buys every once in a while.

1 Like

I usually hit bulkbattery

A general rule of thumb to use when shopping on any of these sites is that anything that is drastically cheaper than the cost to make an item is a cheap copy cat item. For items with a material cost close to the item price then it is a safe buy, but there is always a risk of defects or just straight up weird manufacturing decisions.

Sometimes you get lucky and you end up buying a b-grade or better version of a branded product but just without the brand printed on it. I’ve found those to be rare to find even if you buy a different product from the same seller and it is the same type of product. One could be from the original manufacturing run of the original item while another is one made with lower standards.

That being said, I have no idea how to even attempt to estimate the material costs for a liion cell.

I ordered many things from China but I wouldn`t order Li-Ion for an important use, especially when the prices for the originals are that much down.

Nkon for sure for a number of reasons, we can get 3% off too.

nkon threw a temper tantrum and stopped shipping to the USA. I think @fujio001 is in USA

I’m in the US buddy most of my products are shipping directly from China.

Wow I had no idea. I assumed it would be decent because relatives in South Africa got stuff from them just fine. They have a non-eu website where all the prices are lower which I assumed people in the US used.