Check out my smoking hot board

You’re a significant digit Brian you big cock

8 Likes

This is metric bot, Brian’s alter-ego

3 Likes

9.665*10^-15 lightyears aktchewally

300 feet, in most situations, is 150 bipeds, 75 quadrupeds, 50 insects, around 38 arachnids, or a few centipedes.

1 Like

Do you have an idea of where you went wrong? I have had to rebuild some portions of a pack after an accidental short on my esc and this scares me

May need another sign here that says “please don’t sacrifice esk8s”

If Karam doesn’t come through with a deal on that board, hit me up too, I have something similar.

3 Likes

I appreciate you giving me first dibs💖

2 Likes

I’m amazed that the white Tesla doesn’t have any scars to show for its front row seat.

1 Like

Dang, glad your okay!! I’m gonna plug myself in on a buy just in case it’s what you might be interested in.

3 Likes

Pics of your work on the battery before it blew up?

15 Likes

Good idea, could be useful info on to what went wrong and how to prevent that.

2 Likes

or if OP forgot to take pictures, a drawing could also suffice :laughing:

2 Likes

I came back to look at the carnage again, and I’m really surprised the belts survived. Didn’t think they were all that fireproof.

2 Likes

This is the original build when I did it… Sorry that this happened. I’m glad you or no one got hurt.

Why did you decide to repair the battery yourself?

1 Like

I had a lot of issues with the skateboard, like extremely high voltage sag and intermittent power loss. I opened the enclosure and found that many of the p-group connectors had cells that were no longer connected - it looks like the spot welds weren’t very deep and they failed. These pics are from before I fixed it.

I re-welded everything with a spot welder.

My theory is that cells may have been at very different states of wear and charge from some being disconnected, which caused failure under load.

6 Likes

Next time, share what you’re doing with us on here. Someone would have told you to check the balance of the pack before continuing.

6 Likes

Man, how’s the burn marks on the fish paper :flushed:

Sucks that this has happened dude.

I really hope that if anyone has issues with my packs that they would contact me about it.

6 Likes

Could have been worse…
You might have been asleep in bed…
You would have been well cooked…

6 Likes

I learned my lesson on that - will certainly reach out to the seller and post on this forum if anything battery related happens again.

4 Likes