Check in baggage eskate parts allowance?

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to bring in the VESC as well as other nuts and bolts (no batteries) in checked in baggage on a flight from Ireland to Poland. I have a DV6 Pro VESC as well as Tomiboy bindings, Shredlights, etc. Everything fits in a shoebox. Is it possible to bring all these parts in a checked in baggage without worrying about having my parts taken out of my luggage?

i don’t see why not, if in doubt check with IAA or the airline u flying with

1 Like

No guarantees they won’t open your bag to look, so pack it for easy access. Or being it in your carry-on so they can look at it even easier. Weird electronics and wires generally pique their interest in the scanners.

1 Like

Should be fine, especially as a checked bag.

3 Likes

Dont bring any power tools, tsa took my electric screwdriver

1 Like

What was their justification for that ?

1 Like

oo shivy?

Was this because you took it as carry on?

Yes, forgot to mention that

Flying to pdx today, was all clear with two trucks in my carry on.

1 Like

You can carry as much stuff as you want as long as there are no batteries or liquids (like threadlocker), don’t have to worry about customs even as it’s an EU flight. I’ve flown across the border with way more stuff in the past

2 Likes

I see that tamron, you a photographer as well?

For US based flights, thread locker should be fine to bring with you unless you have some industrial sized bottle of the stuff. The max size for each bottle is 34 fl oz or 100ml. The largest bottle of the stuff I have is the orange which is only 10ml, and then the little tubes are only 6ml. So long as they can fit within your liquids bag you should be fine.

1 Like

Yeah he’s a big fucking nerd.

What’s the prevailing ruling now? I’ve only started flying again only to realize that in Australia, they don’t even ask about liquids on domestic flights.

I’ll be flying international soon enough though.

Ok, just to give you guys an update, I put my parts in checked in luggage and everything was fine, still in its place :smiley: