Cheap AF Beginner Build (Info & Parts)

Definitely agree with this. Enclosure fitting was the hardest part of my first build.

4 Likes

Don’t fall for it guys, this is the equivalent of the first hit is free.

You will soon be homeless doing unspeakable things for more esk8 parts.

7 Likes

Why don’t we choose first a battery based on the performances we want to achieved (using a calculator) and then choose a deck and enclosure to fit the chosen battery ?

If you choose your enclosure before your battery, you restrict your performance possibilities to fit the enclosure (imagine you want a 12S5P for range and discharge value but the already chosen deck and enclosure can’t accept the battery). I know enclosures are difficult to deal with as I faced this problem with every build I made cos I use Lipos.

What did I miss ? What is wrong with the way I think of it ?

1 Like

It’s the @SeanHacker way. He’s gotten some pretty sweet esk8 stuff so who knows?

1 Like

Very nice, it’s a good thing, we need to do the same for EU parts, because that would be quit expensive here to get those parts !

1 Like

I agree:)

1 Like

One part was left off the list and that was a charge because as it sits you will have fun for about an hour or so and then you wont be able to charge it back up.

2 Likes

Sometimes that way is better. I’m trying to help avoid common mistakes by noob builders. Having a pile of stuff that won’t fit on your deck and you have no enclosure is a common problem.

3 Likes

Sure about that ?

3 Likes

I scrolled right over that. Thanks for pointing out my missteps :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Honestly, 99% of the time the deck is most important decision. That decision will either make or break an esk8. I usually start with a deck, make a tentative decision on what I want in a battery and trucks, then go look for an enclosure and lastly make sure all my parts work together.

8 Likes

I almost thought i wouldn’t find an enclosure for my latest build. Got lucky. Im happy with it for abs. Thanks @monsterbuilder

Think i need to try and make one on the next board

3 Likes

Wait, why don’t we like the evo 36"?

1 Like

Because we’re full grown and the 36 isn’t lol

4 Likes

But like…people here ride tiny boards all the time, you’d get the same foot space as a nickle board at least right?

This! :slight_smile:

with the drop you have about 28in of usable real estate to stand on, not enough for most people.

1 Like

Its one thing to stand over the trucks on a shot board. Its awkward having that same 28inch stance when standing between the trucks.

1 Like

I actually nap on my board sometimes so that definitely wouldn’t be enough for that :rofl:

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off topic, debate , i don’t agree

I targeted for a 350€ build, but ended up with almost 600. :joy:

3 Likes