charging faster means more power! (wut?)

Only if you use it immediately after charging

2 Likes

Baking the battery in the oven might increase its performance too :rofl:

2 Likes

If you stab a LiPo with a nail you get the most energy output possible but you drastically reduce the life cycle.

3 Likes

TBF this “hack” probably came from some genius who accidentally fast charged his battery and found he yielded better performance. In all fairness, fast charging damages your cycle life and if RC planes or cars is the primary use case then just heat it after charging. More safe, less sorry.

If you’re looking for rapid energy output this is what you use

1 Like

2 Likes

hold up you speak mandarin??!

1 Like

the main reason , you don’t need a bms with lipo its because you don’t have hundred of cells to balance lol! they balance each others with out any bms if you give them a rest , so you only need to balace them every month, but if you like your lipo you also like treat them right so i balanced all of my pack weekly

This is not true. They only balance when you balance them.

It is true that you don’t have to balance a battery on every charge though, and the newer it is, and the better it’s been treated, the less it matters. It still needs at least occasional balancing or checking. And it’s better to just have a BMS or at least a balancer if not a BMS.

1 Like

ok explain me why

If overcharging or overdischarging a cell increased its health & capacity, then multi-string batteries would be self-balancing. (It also means a battery would last forever)

But it turns out that overcharging or overdischarging a cell decreases its health & capacity, unfortunately.

So if one P-group is weak, it will charge faster (because it has less capacity) than the healthier P-groups, and get slightly overcharged (without balancing) which means it can get slightly damaged, reducing its capacity further, and making the pack even more out of balance on the next discharge.

1 Like

There’s no way in hell cells chained in series can balance themselves. Get your facts checked before trying to educate others please.

2 Likes

The only self balancing without a BMS happens when say you have some cells for example, at 3.521v, 3.573v, 3.526v, 3.495v, …, etc, then chaining them up in PARALLEL, then these cells would charge/discharge each other until everything is the same.

2 Likes

And, the oooooooooonly way to charge lipos or any battery for that matter, in series, without a bms, without a balance charger, for lasting a lot time, requires EVERY SINGLE connection having the EXACT amount of resistance; EVERY SINGLE battery having the EXACT amount of IR, capacity (mAh), charged/discharged to the EXACT voltage (preferably precise to 1/1000 v), and make sure the battery pack is built so that the temperature for EVERY SINGLE cell stays the same during charging and discharging. ONLY by complying to EVERY single condition above, you might have a multi-series pack that might last long without using a BMS nor a balance charger.

Therefore, ALWAYS BALANCE CHARGE YOUR LIPOs. ALWAYS. Overcharging and overdischarging is NOT FUN. TRUST ME :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

This actually happened to my old pack. One group just kept getting more and more stressed until it wouldn’t ever balance.

1 Like

i agree , but a bms can also unbalanced a pack if you live it in storage mode for a while

Only a BMS that’s broken or designed wrong.

2 Likes

the majority of bms are designed wrong , even in the small makita pack lol

You can use a balance board if you really don’t want a BMS.

3 Likes

The only company that does this for esk8 is exway, with their BS “safe storage mode”.

Just don’t do this. Just don’t.

2 Likes

but for me lipo, are more simple to use , because i use them also on my ebike and can play with configuration l so i can decide what ever i need before i go for ride , also i can charge them very fast , if i have bad luck i can always change voltage of the pack or capacity in seconds ,