CARVE PDX - August 20-22nd 2021 - Portland, Oregon, USA - GREAT SUCCESS!

Gear can certainly be made available to those who need it. Although a cheap walmart tent can then be donated after you use it easily if you don’t find one. Sleeping pads and stuff could be sourced surely. Maybe that is a mission I could work on further.

3 Likes

Hi Portland natives, I will be in town for Hood to Coast race (25th to 28th). Can someone recommend best neighborhood to stay in?

I was thinking Downtown, Pearl District, or near convention center.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Pearl district would be my choice of those 3.

4 Likes

My oily, feathered body is ready.

6 Likes

3 weeks left, boys & girls!!

Getting stoked.

8 Likes

We’ve got a week until folks start showing up!

Wooooooo

Turnout is looking to be 35-40 people; pretty much perfect for our first year. We will likely push the Friday night group ride over 100+ people.

16 Likes

i just got new headlights for the rav and a phone holder for the dash. I’m ready to start packing.

7 Likes

Get your sweet ass here. Portland is ready and waiting.

5 Likes

Canadian tourists still not allowed to drive into America. :frowning:

4 Likes

on days 1 - 3, what’s the max mileage of the group rides? Trying to figure out which will be my favorite ride for this trip.

2 Likes

Going to be keeping pretty much all rides under 20 miles just to ensure everyone can participate. The longest we might go would be closer to 25 on the Columbia Trail, but it’s the type of trail that we can be flexible with.

5 Likes

i think its going to have to be urethane all the way then. I’m a sucker for my witchblade gts on boas.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Im exited! So ready to ride again with people, it gets lonely here with just me.

8 Likes

CarvePDX Final Schedule!

Day 1 - Friday Aug 20th

11am-Noon - meet at Mt Scott Park. Casual ride & hang.
1pm - Lunch at Mercado Food Carts.
3pm - Willamette River Loop Ride, meet at Mt Scott.
6pm - Meet-n-greet with Hoyt Electric, Metroboards, DRI, & Duck Battery @ Bamboo Revolution
7pm - PDX eBoarding Fri Night Ride
Fin

Day 2 - Saturday Aug 21st

11am - Ride - Mt Tabor
1pm - Lunch at Lucky Lab
4pm - Ride with Hoyt St Electric Crew | Skate Park
6pm - [Drinks & Dinner in SE/FoPo]
8pm+ PDX Bar Crawl (safe, outdoor, etc)
Fin

Day 3 - Sunday August 22nd

11am - Brunch @ Bar Carlo
1pm - Ride - Columbia Pacific Trail 6pm - Drinks & Dinner at Growlers PDX
8pm+ Night Ride! Shenanigans?!
Fin

August 23-25th Camping/Glamping at Cape Disappointment | Sou’Wester

11 Likes

omfg they permanently closed the Ruby Tuesday in Salt Lake City. This ruined what would have otherwise been a pristine Ruby Tuesday tour on the way there.

5 Likes

If you’re coming up via I-84 then I would recommend stopping in Boise at the Ram restaurant 709 E Park Blvd, Boise, ID 83712 - the food is pretty good, but it’s about 10 feet away from the Boise greenbelt which is an amazing paved path that follows the Boise river for miles and miles- may be a nice break from the road if you’re looking to hit an easy on and off from the road trip to get a little riding in. Boise River Greenbelt | City of Boise

RIP Ruby Tuesday in SLC- we hardly knew thee

8 Likes

Looks like a pretty awesome weekend, definitely going to try and make it up there next year

3 Likes

that’s at a perfect stopping point too, about half way through day 4. I’m adding it.

Is there anything like that between omaha and salt lake city?
edit: Denver. Duh.

Also is there anywhere nice to ride in St Louis, Missouri? that’s my half-way point on day 2.

Des Moines has a ruby tuesday

2 Likes