CARVE PDX - 2020/2021 - Portland, Oregon, USA (archived!)

Dayum!!! I didn’t get that far to check the distance.

4 Likes

I’ve done CO and UT and back from Nashville a half dozen times or so. Never all the way to the Pacific. It’s tough to do it and not have it affect your trip. For $320 round trip, I’ll be flying for sure.

5 Likes

Gas alone is $420 round trip. Maybe I should drive

8 Likes

Has anyone made a thread documenting themselves doing exactly this? I have a board that would be really easy to ship the battery box part.

Will there be folks in the area willing to accept such a package for a fellow builder?

1 Like

If anyone needs battery shipping tips, I’m happy to help out! Plus between me, Andrew, Sean, and the Hoyt Boiz, I’m sure we can find somewhere for you to send your batteries :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

You guys can send whatever to my place if needed. We’ll figure out the details soon.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Do not stay calm. It is happening, get hype.

8 Likes

No, I discussed it a bit here and there though.

Disassembled wheels and removed the battery. Payed $30 or $60 for an added “suitcase” with Frontier airlines. Battery was shipped by ground and was $31 and change. Admittedly, that was a 10s5p of 18650s and now it’ll be a 12s9p of 20650s so I’m sure the price will change.

There’s a company called bike flights ship bikes that ships ebikes around that has comparable rates for shipping a complete. Based out of Portland too I believe.

4 Likes

A lot of us owe you beers, get ready

6 Likes

Shipbikes.com has better prices in my experience :metal:

I’ll tell my liver to start preparing :joy:

8 Likes

Dammit that’s the one I meant and even when I googled it, it still didn’t sound right. Good catch!

4 Likes

I gotchu. Just sneak all those beers my way and nobody will be any wiser.

I’m seriously considering jumping on a plane for this… gonna have to work out some financials and fine details, but i would looooove to be there.

Bringing a board might be troublesome, so I’ve got dibs on LoveChild

9 Likes

I’d donate to a fund to get you to come to this but only if you wear a kangaroo costume the whole time.

8 Likes

You’ve got my vote

6 Likes

Kangaroo would be funny, but if we could get him to commit to Crocodile Dundee cosplay, I’m in. Oh, and he can only drink Fosters.

6 Likes

This is an entirely acceptable substitute.

5 Likes

I am entirely open to both suggestions. Leaning towards dundee. I imagine a kangaroo suit would be quite difficult to skate in.

6 Likes

Just at night then :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Dundee riding suit, kangaroo party suit. I am totally down with that. As long as the kangaroo suit has a beer pouch.

5 Likes