Cant set up remote

So, my vesc blew out, and I replaced it with the 6.7pro flipsky.

I turned on the vesc tool and vesc with the receiver unplugged. Then turned on the remote and set to pairing. I plugged in the receiver and it stopped blinking on rec. But, in vesc tool it said false on being paired.

I set up vesc tool as both ppm and uart and ppm and uart. Set up for current no reverse with brake. etc.

No dancing while I push on throttle. Changed to other vesc channel. Still no joy.

I get a readout of battery strength. Motor setup went well.

Do I have to use certain vesc tool? Sacrifice virgins? Use a side to plug in receiver or plug in usb to one side or another? I have tried all differing ways.
Is it possible that my receiver is damaged, although it gives batt readout strength?

Also, I am using dual vesc, is that one vesc or two, on vesc tool setup?

I have a vx4 coming, is that any better for setup?

Not quite sure if you are experiencing the same thing I was, but rolling back to fw5.2 and the corresponding vesc tool worked for me.

2 Likes

Can you or anyone else explain how to do this?

Rolling back to 5.2 fw and vesc tool 3.0 fixed everything

For non flipsky VESCs it is a bitch, but it should be much easier to set up with a flipsky VESC.

I still do not know exactly what I did to get mine to finally work with my Unity. :rofl:

1 Like

You need to obtain a copy of vesc tool 3.0 and install the firmware 5.2 that is native to that tool.

The android apk is in that thread if you are using an android phone and bluetooth module, if you are using usb and computer, i’m not sure where you would acquire vec tool 3.0, but i’m sure somebody else can help with that.

I am on usb and computer.

1 Like

Best bet if you can’t wait would be to search forum for vesc tool 3.0, you may find a link

1 Like

VESC-Tool archive of older releases and firmware versions. The total guide.

1 Like

No offense, but that crap is cryptic as hell. I tried, and it left a parameter red on foc setup. This game is bullshit. Vesc dealers, MUST put the proper software and instructions in purchase or these effing things are bogus.

2 Likes

i for one am willing to sacrafice the auto ignition feature in exchange for said proper kit .

Ya. Vx2 didn’t work with latest firmware for me. 5.3 is a goer

Welcome to vesc