Can someone help me make sens of makerx go-foc v4

Hi guys,

I’m trying to set up a makerx go-foc v4 dual vesc but i can’t find any documentation on their website and their tech mail address just bounces off.

I’m not realy proficient in electronics so that might just be me being dumb.

I’m trying to set it up with a flipsky vx2 remonte and two sensored motors.

Since the remote connector doesnt match anything on the pcb i’m not sur which port i’m supposed to use to rewire it on.
I’m not sure either what ports are supposed to bé used for the sensor wires and last i’m not sur which wire is which for the main motor wires.

Here’s a picture of the thing up close

These you can connect in any order. If the motor spins the wrong direction, swap any two. You can also swap the motor direction in software.

As for setting up VESC software, there is enough material to fill up an entire college level course with. That’s difficult to answer with one forum post.

I’d say start here:

That’s an older version of a fork of the official software, but it works well.

However for maximum quality I would suggest not using sensors and using the newest firmware with FOC and HFI sensorless mode. But following that guide will get you up and running.

3 Likes

Thanks,
The software part is the one i’m ok with.

Maybe i should be clearer on what is buging me.
The flipsky diagrams show that the remote needs gnd TX rx and 5v pins. So my guess was that i should use on of the top ports on the picture.
But then when i checked where to plug the sensors the connectors only fit thos two same ports.
So i don’t mind wiring another juste connector but i have no clue what is should be like. What port am i aiming at and what pin should i use?

Also why wouldn’t you use sensors if you don’t mind?

1 Like

That’s definitely for UART mode.

I think, but I’m not sure, that remote also has a way to just use standard servo PWM, which in the software is erroneously called “PPM”.

You can connect that to the “5V”, “GND” and “PWM” pins and leave TX and RX unconnected.

Or, you can opt for UART and leave PWM unconnected.

1 Like

The sensors I recommend not using.

But if you do use them, they connect to GND, HA, HB, HC, 5V. They can be in any order except power and ground must be correct. TM is for a white temperature wire, if present.

Sensors are usually the first thing to fail on a motor. Also, the new firmware with HFI is better than sensors imho – if set up correctly. But even for regular unsensored BLDC mode, it will be much more reliable than using sensors. It would require little “hip flicks” to get rolling as the motor wouldn’t start (when loaded; will start on bench) from 0.0km/h but will be fine at 0.1km/h, as long as it’s turning any amount. The HFI mode will start at 0.00km/h

2 Likes

Thanks that was spot on what infos i couldn’t find.
Helps a lot

1 Like

Yer such a helpful guy. It’s a shame ya haven’t got boobs.

5 Likes

Dude I thought it was just me that thought this was weird :joy: it even uses a PWM cable. Same colors lol

1 Like