Bustin V3 reviews and such

You’re looking at it with the wrong perspective. Like op said $1K is a lot for a hub board.

I haven’t owned one so I can’t speak from first hand experience. But I would consider the Bustin boards to be as nice of a hub board as you can get. The fit and finish is continually touted by owners, and bustin, as very high quality which makes sense, they drivetrain in it isn’t anything super special. So the rest of the board needs to be. The sportster deck is awesome. One of the best decks I’ve every ridden and why I build a DIY with it. Remote is much nicer than most boards in that category. Obvious emphasis on design aesthetics you don’t see much until you get to very expensive boards.

OKP speaks very highly of his bustin Eboards and he rides the heck out of them

8 Likes

My analog first-ever push setup (still own and love it) is the 2014 line Sportster Pro with the thermocarbon layer paired with surf rodz, speed vents, and zealous ceramics!

2 Likes

@okp recently got a V3 bustin, maybe he can chime in

5 Likes

Thank you for the reference to another V3 rider!

Thank you for the Insta link!

@brooksie I mean if you want a really nice custom Sportster build I can hook you up with one :wink:

2 Likes

As much as I appreciate the offer, and as much as I appreciate the built, this type of thing is exactly what I just got out of :rofl: :sweat_smile: :upside_down_face:

My former build was a 42 inch dual 6380 with boardnamics 270s, variety of pneumies sizes, TB110 wheels, torque6 esc, Eboosted battery/enclosure, hoyt puck…all the business lol. I loved every hour and drop of sweat, sometimes blood, and low blood sugar I got from it, but the EUC was the next step and I gotta fit the skate caveat with something like this hub hybrid since I really want to smoothly push skate it like my Unlimited.

2 Likes

No worries, I hope the V3 is as sweet of a board as you’re hoping it is!

2 Likes

Definitely helps to recognize what purpose it serves, being the silver medal to my EUC pursuits. My ankles are swole, the NC heat and humidity is consistently over 90degrees with swampy humidity, and my body is rocked after a solid hour of training. It’ll get better, but it’s certainly not the easiest.

1 Like

haha didn’t mean to step on anyone toes xD Maybe 1k is surpassable for a decent build nowadays. I never really owned one. All I have from memory to compare with are the broken raptors and evolves circling around… But bustin looks nice indeed, hope its everything you hoped :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I just fixed up a friend’s raptor with a new unity he received. The dinosaur has been revived. Shame that something like that didn’t have better life…we all know the can of worms behind that debacle.

1 Like

I’ve had my hands on several of the V2’s and have some good connects with the crew over there. From what I understand the esc is tweaked and they are running some better Samsung cells but, the board overall is the same. You have more color options and their own branded trucks. But, if you have the Unlimited kit and you are looking for more “oomf” I wouldn’t get a Bustin’ anything. The Unlimited has more “balls” than Bustin’s. You should use the unlimited motors and do a build. I put my unlimited motors on my V2 YoFace hybrid. Good luck man!

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback!

The question for me lies in the value for upgrading to a dual hub from Unlimited since I only have the solo, but the upgrade kit is around $700, and I’d still have less range. That’s wild to think that the dual Dualomo hubs would be similarly/less robust than the single hub solo kit.

1 Like

Spend that 700 and build…get a 10s2p/3p 21700, a xenith or Ubox, another hub and enclosure for your deck. Then you will have what you need🤘

Also, if you like the Sportster you can get the board and enclosure from them. Cost me 300 about a year ago. I think it sells for 400 now. I was able to fit a unity, robogotchi, Bluetooth reciever and a 10s3p 21700 in it with some trimming.

Oof. Just heard back from Bustin…550w per hub, 15a, and the 18-20 mile range is for a 170lb rider on the second lowest speed setting.

No thank ya. Glad you let me in on the real-world review!

1 Like

What you dont like seeing water running down every surface (including your own body) at all times of the day? It’s like being in a free sauna, 24x7! :sob:

I keep thinking I’m just getting old but everyone I know acknowledges how fucking brutal its been here this year. Not sure what part of the state you’re in, but yeah, from the western side of NC, New Mexico is starting to look mighty fuckin fine. Starting to question my life choices as I change clothes for the third time today :laughing:

Lol anyway, just wanted to derail your thread for a moment of commiseration. Cheers!

2 Likes

I’m in Greensboro, so somewhat north central? Been here a year. Accustomed to midwest heat and polar opposite seasons in Kansas. You’re all good lmao. I prefer the tamer winters here though!

1 Like

Yeah, no problem man. They still have sick gear and they are good crew. Their hybrids are just not applicable to what the majority of us on here are riding. More like street boards with some electrical assistance…I guess that’s why they’re “hybrid’s”. lol

2 Likes

Well, like yeah…but even the Unlimited Race kit still has get up and go from 1600W of hubs. It’s obviously not the fastest rig on earth, but man if those hubs aren’t smooth. Also super lightweight.