Bustin Hybrid Sportster Review

Bit late to the party here, but I just found one of these BMS in a cheap china pack and was intrigued. It’s an excellent use of space, but I assume it will only work for a very specific pack.

Wondering why we don’t see charge only bms in this shape available for purchase?

10 Likes

Probably because of the specific shape I’d assume

1 Like

Well there’s definitely a market for it! I couldn’t find these available for purchase anywhere.

Maybe @jeffwuneo knows where you can find a BMS like this? :thinking:

2 Likes

The only thing left of value is the deck, what a mess

? The battery is a 30q pack - that’s definitely worth a good amount

1 Like

The BMS is like that on the ownboard 2p pack

1 Like

Did you get the email? Bustin’s revised their V2s to get back to their V1 standard of power (hopefully range as well) with their new Hybrid X+

"
During the transition to the smoother, more gradual speed curve of the V2 Sportster-X, we heard from some of you that you miss the torque and sprint-power of the V1. We know how you feel, which is why many of us here still ride the V1 exclusively. Today we’re answering the call and releasing an updated version of the original powerful profile that was known as the Hybrid X+. The new Hybrid Sportster-X+ features all of the same components as the standard X, but adds a torque and braking settings similar to the original V1 X+ that we sold in 2018 and early 2019. The X+ also comes standard with 100mm wheels to help you control the extra power between you and the road.

The new X+ package is a beast and is not recommended for rookie riders. It is the griptape and waffle sole equivalent of a race car. To help you tame it, the new version features our latest ThermoGlass deck, Paris V3 50° trucks and the brand new 100mm Five-0 wheels. These wheels are made in California using the same formula that use for our fastest downhill race wheel, the Sniper-R, meaning they are reliable and predictable at speed.

All in all, we think the new X+ package will exceed the expectations of those who asked for the V1 power while also bringing a new level of speed stability to our fastest board ever. We’re stoked to bring back the beast and thankful for all of your feedback. Always wear a helmet and always skate within your means!"

@Digemupdave @PrivacyDoctor

3 Likes

Gotta give them credit for this. Very smart admission and approach.

3 Likes

Interested to see what the up charge is if any. Sounds like it’s just software tweeks and wheels

2 Likes

Yep, smart move, but it seems like it’s still the same ESC.

3 Likes

Oh, it’s not going to magically turn into an Exway. Just impressed by their customer engagement and response.

3 Likes

They let me return my board for a full refund less shipping of coarse but even though I lost £120 in shipping I was happy I didn’t have a board that was disappointing . They also said they would honour the original price of my board when the new one came out should I want to buy it ($100) more so pretty fair of them. I was tempted but I just can’t help but think it’s not going to be all that . Plus i hate all that mess inside having seen it and the use of loads of clear silicone . I’ve now got one of the members on hear building me a board that should surpass all my expectations so coming on hear has lead to a good outcome plus I’m learning more about the boards through you guys to :+1::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I read good things about the latest meepo iteration of the li ying ESC.

2 Likes

The version right before the new Flux model is really good. Was pretty happy with the performance on eLofty DDs and it even sounded pretty good. Then it died.

4 Likes

Yikes. I was referring to the flux version.

2 Likes

Flux no good?

I’ve read good things about the flux version. Basically as “smooth” as the hobbywing ESC but with more functionality and stronger brakes.

2 Likes

I’ve heard the same. I’ll grab one when the timing is better.

2 Likes

Ok minor update on the provided wheels : just got a durometer for fun… the front wheels I believe are really made in the USA. they’re quite squishy even at 81A (stated rating) - but they read 78A on my Durometer.

The back Hub Motor wheel sleeves however are exactly 81A on my durometer, so I guess those are poured in China.

Very curious about this discrepancy. @Digemupdave How are your 74A blue hub wheels coming along?

1 Like