Bustin boards esk8s

I’ll have some 110mm ones done soonhttps://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/9/0/90dd8582c02b8056a80e94abda2a9e1ba98b91c8.mp4

2 Likes

Whoa! what’s happening? you modifying the wheels? could you explain the video?

Ye ive had some 110mm moulds made for the rear wheel sleeves and im gonna cast them in 74a urathane in translucent blue so the match the 110mm torqueboard wheels and should be super super smooth ride with a mega top speed.

6 Likes

:open_mouth: if it turns out well - can I also get a pair off you for a price?! My mind is blown… we can of course take this offline into PM mode. @Fozworth69 are you still with us? How’s your sportster doin?

1 Like

No worries I’ll keep you posted, are you riding a v2? If so i pretty sure you’ll get away with these 110mm without having to remove any of your board by the wheel recess’s but a v1 will need slight grinding to fit the 110mm.

1 Like

Hi dude ,no I returned my board to Bustin and one of the guys on here is making me a killer DIY board that will surpass any board I was looking at . Should be ready mid feb ish :grin::grin::grin::facepunch:

4 Likes

Yes it’s a V2 - what ever you are doing is Jedi level work… mastery! Thanks for this - you got me stoked, i do love my ride more and more, can’t seem to fault it, except for the hardness of the duro supplied with it.

1 Like

First prototype sleeve done :+1::+1:

13 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

:star_struck:
it doesn’t cover the motor fully?

2 Likes

The 100mm stock sleeves don’t cover it completely if I remember correctly… Must just be the motor? :man_shrugging:t2:

@Digemupdave that’s so cool :0

I wonder if you can make a mould for the loaded hubs Jeff is producing to make thicker (larger) sleeves :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah! I second that, we need a tutorial on how to make your own “Antarctic” Blue wheels for whatever hub motors you have!

2 Likes

Because of the extra thickness of the 110mm urathane i was advised to do them the same as the 100mm ones to allow heat dispersion from that little gap at the back but i could make them wider no problem.

1 Like

Who is jeff and what are the loaded hubs? Making the mould is the hardest part you need some machinery, lots of time and degassing equipment for the mould and the urathane, its an expensive thing to produce at first.

2 Likes

Really nice work! When your done, I’m sure others would love to learn a bit about the process you took. Myself included

2 Likes

Can’t wait for you to finish off the other wheel and go for a ride on them 74As!

@Sn4Pz have you tried your new wheels yet?

2 Likes

Waiting on a single wire for Tim to start skinning the deck…

so no, I’m nowhere close :sweat_smile:

1 Like