Bustin boards esk8s

Would also be about a deck + enclosure option - love that deck :pray:

I have the drop deck that they are using (the nobach) and I have to say its a very enjoyable deck to push ride. I’ve been thinking about building it out but not sure if I’m going to do it any time soon.

It handles really well, super tight turning radius, and feels great under speed.

something i noticed is that they use the same “flex ring” approach i used on the carvons two years ago, they machine a ring out of the deck for the enclosure lip to sink into. Looks really clean.

When i did this to the Evos i did it deep enough to add a comfortable level of flex to the deck. I’m still riding that deck around all the time, but now it had TB direct drives on it and janux wheels.

5 Likes

I asked about decks and enclosures, they said after the 3rd round of preorders is completed, they will begin offering them

7 Likes
21 Likes

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Building with the Bustin Sportster

Have tried their esk8s, they are decent, the decks are nice, low, and feel real stable and they have quite a bit of power, more than I was expecting.

3 Likes

Thoughts on these?

they don’t play well with the latest production TB direct drives. They work fine on my beta TB DD units. They also work pretty well with the 3D Servisas mini thane drive with the kegel adapter.

They probably work well with my kegel core insert pulleys too, although I don’t have any with enough teeth to really try them on the street.

They’re good wheels and look great but the biggest plus is the kegel core holepattern which makes them useful on a fuckton of drives.

2 Likes

I’m just considering them for replacement hubs for a MBS build.

1 Like

Looks like we’ve got an enclosure to design for printing. Considering laying this up with FG if the bottom is complexly shaped

1 Like

I couldn’t resist, thanks for triggering my addiction :smiley: I ordered a YoFace, fell in love with the deck and I don’t care about shipping and taxes :smiley: I plan to motorize it with Mellow or Landwheel hubs, maybe both. First I’ll try the Mellows which are fixed on a RKP truck. I’ll make a flat 7s lipo pack for them with an integrated as flat as possible dual vesc solution put in a flat case that can be removed easily for bare skateboarding :slight_smile: Thanks f*cking braille skateboarding :smiley:

2 Likes

At least they didn’t lie about their durometer rating. the 100mm 81A wheels are about the same level of hardness as the 78A clone stuff from china, though they claim the wheels are made in the USA… doubt so, because the 100mm hub ones don’t fit - someone forgot about an extra rebate on the inner side…

5 Likes

A look inside the v1 and the v2 for you guys :+1::+1:

7 Likes

I’ll have some 110mm ones done soonhttps://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/9/0/90dd8582c02b8056a80e94abda2a9e1ba98b91c8.mp4

2 Likes

Whoa! what’s happening? you modifying the wheels? could you explain the video?

Ye ive had some 110mm moulds made for the rear wheel sleeves and im gonna cast them in 74a urathane in translucent blue so the match the 110mm torqueboard wheels and should be super super smooth ride with a mega top speed.

6 Likes

:open_mouth: if it turns out well - can I also get a pair off you for a price?! My mind is blown… we can of course take this offline into PM mode. @Fozworth69 are you still with us? How’s your sportster doin?

1 Like

No worries I’ll keep you posted, are you riding a v2? If so i pretty sure you’ll get away with these 110mm without having to remove any of your board by the wheel recess’s but a v1 will need slight grinding to fit the 110mm.

1 Like

Hi dude ,no I returned my board to Bustin and one of the guys on here is making me a killer DIY board that will surpass any board I was looking at . Should be ready mid feb ish :grin::grin::grin::facepunch:

4 Likes