Build Thread - Falcon 40 with Avio MKII

4 Likes

Build notes :

I ended up removing the entire bms system from the board and making it external by way of a DB15 connector. I have a large order of lithium battery pcb brand bms’s that have not arrived yet. I am keeping the external bms setup under wraps for now until I get a solid chance to evaluate it further.

This 12s8p 40t is really powerful. Both motors self tested at almost 76amps.

I’ve been keeping my speed under control while I dial in the tire pressure and bushing choice and gather temperature and amperage data. Currently at 70psi tire pressure and using a split config 87a front 90a rear.
Hit a top speed of 34 so far. There should be a few more mph beyond that for me to experiment with.

It looka like you didnt install the v.ring ><

@avX what is a V ring? Do you have a photo of what the v ring looks like? I am pretty sure that I installed all supplied parts.

The rubber “o-ring” that hides the POM gears. It goes on the tire hub adapter.

2 Likes

Yeah, I definitely have both of them installed. Maybe it’s just not apparent in the photo. There is excess grease coming out from them in that photo. I over packed it slightly and it’s leaking out a little bit.

2 Likes

Here is mine.

3 Likes

Ahh i thought that was the gear showing. Zoomed in - you’re good. :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice build. Wish I could justify $300 for the eboosted enclosure but I had to make do with an old raptor one.

4 Likes

The enclosure is one of the very few good parts on the Raptor, dont feel bad :joy:

2 Likes

It hurt me to have that assholes parts on my build!

I just finished resurrecting this board! Only changes i’ve made since was to replace the 6374 open cans from Timo with some 6384’s from Flipsky. I also located some of the 6x2 (Sixshooter) tires and swapped them in place of the haggyboard tires. They have a flatter profile and more contact patch, so they definitely improve control but they consume slightly more power. Still running the original flipsky dual VESC 6.6 with hundreds of miles logged on it.

What batt and vesc did you end up doing ? 12s4p? 18650?

1 Like

that antispark def didn’t last. It blew after 14 months of use. I upgraded to their newer model. we’ll see how it fares.

Hey hey. Good timing for a post bump then hey!
Currently running a 10s4p 30q pack with a unity. Contemplating building a 12s3p which will fit in that enclosure. Don’t get a lot of time to ride so I may leave it for a while. These gears are hella loud !

1 Like

Back after a long hiatus. I ended up blowing the Avio MKII pom gear on the left side of the board after about 1400 miles. The Flipsky 6384’s are still holding up like a champ, and the battery was discharged to 50% the last time I put it away in Feb 2022.

Apparently Alex Chien still has some spare haggyboard parts. He just emailed me back. I’m waiting to see what they cost, and order a handful of spare POM gears and possibly a second gear drive setup.

收件者: alex@cycco.com.tw
主旨: Haggyboard Spare Parts

3 Likes

Interesting. Pretty sure he told me he didn’t have gear drive parts.

Keep us updated, as I’d buy a pom gear too.

I do have a new gear drive set I would consider selling. But its trucks, gd, motors, and adjustable base.plates.

1 Like