Budget build suggestions

In the process of collecting all the necessary parts for my first build and need some suggestions for the blanks. Heres a list of what I’ve got so far:

• Motor: single 6374 flipsky
  • ESC: Flipsky 4.20
  • Deck: 38 inch drop through deck
  • Trucks: Calibre II 10 inch
  • Wheels: 97mm flywheels clones
  • Mount/pulleys: dickyho mount and pulley kit
  • Remote: (?)
  • Battery: 2x 5000mAh 5s lipos (?)
  • BMS: (?)
  • Balance charger: (?)
  • Charger: (?)

Thanks

existing enclosure should be the first thing u look for, unless u can make ur own

5 Likes

Yeah I agree with @frame - Pick a specific deck/enclosure before you get anything else going on so you can ensure it all fits together.

Also, make sure you factor in some safety gear into your budget - especially a helmet at the very least. What kind of budget are you trying to keep this within?

5 Likes

yeah once everything arrives ill make my own

Im reusing my old longboard deck, and with those trucks and wheels I should have plenty of room for the lipos I think. Own a helmet and pads already and around 700AUD, spent 460

2 Likes

Ahh I misread you owned some of this already. So do you own the batteries as well or is that also needed? $240 or so for an enclosure, battery, bms, charger & remote is a tall order :frowning:

*$800 my bad, so I’ve around 350 to spend, and no I haven’t they won’t be more than 180 tho, I’m gonna make my own enclosure also

this

Do yourself a favor and get a deck/enclosure combo from a reputable builder. You can thank us later.

dickyho sells an mboard battery enclosure clone. they’re both 1mm shorter than the batteries, would that be a big deal?

@muf Hey mate,

I would avoid a Flipsy ESC, they can be sketchy. I would recommend Maker X.

I had a similar first build to what you’re proposing, check out my thread. I’ve gotten up to 46 KM per hour on this deck and I don’t see myself pushing to go faster.

For the enclosure, you should find plenty of people on Facebook marketplace offering 3D printing services. You can hunt down some 3D print files from https://www.thingiverse.com/ too

3 Likes

Mboard batteries are probably not a smart choice to spend money on. Just slap ‘mboards’ into the search bar of this forum and see what you find lol

yeah mate, was only checking out some enclosures, I’m going to use 2x 5s lipos for my batteries. quick question, do you need a bms and balance charger for lipos or just one?

nice build mate, not really anyone round me 3d prints, was thinking of picking up a fibre glass kit from Bunnings and giving that a go maybe