Breach of Privacy Update [SERIOUS]

Not on mine :man_shrugging:

1 Like
  1. One was the whistleblower or premature leaker (lol), depending on who you ask.
  2. Two was the admin privilege abuser.
  3. What about the third? Can you give us what information why he stepped down / got removed?
1 Like

The third leaked sensitive information including screenshots of the admin dash panel to non staff members while we were trying to execute an agreed upon plan. We now believe that #1 was triggered by the actions of #3.

2 Likes

Okay that’s understandable. But I hope you tried to understand their rationale and reasoning. They are not known to be impulsive or rash so there is definitely some logic to their actions. I hope you have thought about what could have been done in advance to have avoided this. And also for the future.

We definitely understand and relate to it. That’s part of what makes this such a monstrous clusterfuck.

3 Likes

So now we are left with you, and 2 other guys that have 13d read time combined?

I respect Jamie but he is a busy man and is not around as much as it is required for that job.

10 Likes

Yeah. We definitely need more mods.

4 Likes

Sheesh what a bloody mess. What started out as an admin doing his job in an onorthodox way is turning out into the ‘DMgate’ scandal that is hurting this community and the people that care about it.

From an outside point of view I would like to believe that admins have done the things that they have done because they felt it was the right thing to do at that time. Tapping someone on the fingers and reminding him that his actions are not in line with the code of ethics that should be followed is perfectly fine.

Throwing tomatoes doesn’t help anyone right now.

I sincerely hope that the former admin team will be able to shake hands and get in level with this.

3 Likes

Yes we do. At least 2 of the mods that got kicked from the job were pretty good at it. Even if they faulted a little bit they were still heaps better at moderating than others including @mmaner ever before the pmgate.
I am talking about @Zach and @BillGordon .

11 Likes

Who will be around for general fuckery then? I don’t think Damon, Ben, and Jamie have the time do they?

• sending to Derail Jail
  • closing finished sale threads
  • monitoring new threads for adherence
  • being the arbitrator of the rules
  • other minor misc stuff
2 Likes

I have an unpinned option for this topic beneath the reply button. Guess it got unpinned when I clicked the cross on the banner.

1 Like

I know man. I know. Jamie and I are in basically constant communication about all of this still, albeit between other IRL obligations.

I have an idea that i tabled last night that if done right could prevent admins from reading messages or impersonating users at all. Not talking about looking at logs and saying “we can see you if you do it” because that’s just not good enough in my opinion. It shouldn’t happen at all here. Those features are undoubtedly there for reasons related to the broader scope of discourse as a platform that gets deployed in a number of communities of all types. Some of those likely require the occasional snooping upon request by law enforcement, etc. This is not one of those places.

4 Likes

All I am saying is if those 2 mods were relieved of their duties because of the reasons you stated above then IMO you made a mistake.

17 Likes

I understand and relate to your position on that. And thank you for being candid.

3 Likes

I got two lines in and gave up. :joy:

1 Like

I’m not coming along.

Mike gone for obvious reasons
Wandagoner gone?
Zach Gone?

Leaves Bill, Ben, Damon and?

Damon, Jamie, and Ben are left. I know i’m talking in the third person, but it seems appropriate right now.

3 Likes

So that means 4 are gone

Mike, wandagoner, Zach and Bill?

Not sure if i asked already, will we know who did what?

A few posts above you talked about 3.

1. Whistleblower

2. admin privilege abuser

3. leaked sensitive information aka screenshots

4. ???

2 Likes

Ah. Wanda was dismissed a while back, yes. I feel though that since wanda wasn’t involved in this situation in particular though that maybe i shouldn’t mention the exact circumstances, but i will say it was related to a lack of organizational awareness.

Sender asked to be dismissed, he wants nothing to do with any sort of situation where no matter what you do its the wrong decision.

6 Likes

Okay. So there was disagreement on how to handle this. The current members wanted something vs the two other members wanted the opposite.

Extrapolating from their actions and the information that you provided, am I to derive that the current members wanted to hide this from public?

1 Like