Breach of Privacy Update [SERIOUS]

Well, that you know of anyway.

I was really hoping you would agree publicly that users should and will be informed of a privacy breach in the future, but I guess I can settle for this.

I appreciate that yall are doing your best, and will do what you think is right for the platform.

7 Likes

This is the first time we have caught a staff member reading PMs.

I feel like that will definitely be a part of it.

4 Likes

I agree with every single word.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. And thanks for that ninja edit. Ive got nothing against you and I am doing my best to be sincere and civil.

5 Likes

Turns out, I agree with this too.

As long as it was going to be revealed, I think revealing it prematurely was a mistake.

If revealing to the public was an afterthought, then the admin, who posted about this publicly, made the right call.

3 Likes

I am sincerely enraged by all of this. Itā€™s everything i can do to not snap at everyone right here. There are so many dimensions to this to be angry about.

8 Likes

Im not really sure how to respond to that. Im looking for a charitable way to interpret that, but im struggling here.

2 Likes

Iā€™m simply trying to relate my emotional state so that you might relate more to why i made the thing i ninja edited to begin with. Iā€™m sorry, its hard right now.

7 Likes

Ah gotcha. Yes I totally get it, and its forgiven.

5 Likes

To answer this question honestly, I donā€™t believe for a second that these were the only two instances of abuse. I wish I could, but my gut tells me this was a part of his everyday tool kit, and that the rest of the staff were targets as well.

13 Likes

This is one dimension of my rage right now because i canā€™t disagree with it.

9 Likes

But again, there is a setting we have found that makes it so no staff member can ever do this again without leaving an indelible log, and it will result in immediate dismissal.

19 Likes

Will Mikeā€™s position be replaced? Like I know on the surface he is just an admin but behind that does he fulfil a specific role in the operation of the forum or is it all the admins do all the admin things? As a user it seemed that he did a lot of the sales thread closing but I am guessing thatā€™s just because he was online a lot of the time?

Feel free to delete if this is too side tracked

Those tasks are moderator tasks and can be accomplished by other moderators. He did do a lot of them and that was because we all kind of fell into roles organically.

At the moment there are no plans to induct a new fourth admin but i can definitely see the value in it.

5 Likes

Itā€™s kinda frightening how he lied to everyoneā€™s face while claiming the title of ā€œwarrior of truthā€ by himself. Being a vengeful person + having admin powers is a bad bad mix.

8 Likes

What makes you say he is vengeful?

Does the name Trampa ring a bell in this regard? There are other examples that we can talk in PM if you want. Including stuff from the other forum.

7 Likes

Yup, weā€™re all feeling pretty betrayed and embarrassed by this breach. This pattern of behaviour and targeting became more and more problematic over the last 3-4 months.

2 Likes

You must not have gotten any weird PMā€™s from him. :wink:

#lonecowboy

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a couple about how the forum works, one from way back when I was a total fucking noob and he was helping me with parts, and he just sold me some more motorsā€¦I though he was a stand up guy until now