Breach of Privacy Update [SERIOUS]

Your definitely going to need some beers cheers mate :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Thanks for reminding me. Iā€™m out. They donā€™t make a stella big enough though, amirite?

4 Likes

They make a pretty decent size delirium tho, https://www.delirium.be/en
Highly recomend!

6 Likes

You guys must be masochist.

Work on damage control instead of trying to please toxic users that are ā€œdemandingā€ answers for the injustice that has been done to them. They are just here for the drama.

Knowing that steps have been taken to prevent repetition should be enough.

7 Likes

Hawaii time of course :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We are new here and finding more discussion about how privacy is treated than our business is comfortable with.

The first topics that appeared on this site when we signed up were related to violation of privacy, staff being silenced or not or removed, vendors being removed and blocked from their own topics, this was not something we searched for, it was the top recommended topics on the site.

Our hope is a short clear message will be provided soon. Since this forum seems to be paid for by the community but ownership is held by a single person or business it is important to us to understand how our money is being used to protect both our privacy but also the owners personal or business interests.

There is a lot of conflicting information which is not easy find right now as some of it is now deleted.

As outsiders interested in conducting business on the site it appears a member of the staff is a close friend of the site owner and was violating the privacy of a vendor on this site.

It is difficult not to draw the conclusion that these were done in an effort to protect the forum owners personal interests but this message has not been provided in a concise way that is easy to find.

Until we receive this information we will refrain from following the advice to make donations to the site opening a topic in the vendor space.

~electricskateboardbuilder

2 Likes

Nah. Its just a curiosity thing and and it stems from having the power to do so. I canā€™t say iā€™d do the same if i were a mod, but i canā€™t say i wouldnā€™t.

Thats just human nature. They donā€™t do anything with the information most probably, they are just curious.

If something very private were discussed, this forum is probably not the place anyway.

I donā€™t support the person, but i, as a fellow human, see where they are coming from.

Thank you for your concerns.

We have just passed a copy of the statement weā€™ve been working on to the small council for review. Once their questions and input are considered and worked in, weā€™ll post it.

You are not required to donate anything, and you are free to open a topic in the vendor space. If you can step around the shit on the rug, i would love to have you stay and contribute.

1 Like

Please do everyone else a favour and keep your presence away from this forum.

10 Likes

Not going to happen. This isnā€™t the first time Damon has welcomed known scammers. Itā€™s his house now. Everyone else just pays for it.

6 Likes

What @taz saidā€¦

I get why Damon has to treat him as if it wasnā€™t Jason but come on everything about that account smells like bullshit.

Iā€™d like them to post any innovation that isnā€™t a hanger with heat pipes coupled to overheating hubs on chinathane.

3 Likes

I hope this will not be the case.

4 Likes

@SeanHacker @taz @Flasher

It took us a while to understand what you have been saying to us. We want to assure you that our company has no connection to Jason Potter, Enertion skateboards, or his business interests.

We think we understand why you drew this conclusion; because our avatar was an unfortunate selection that resembles what Jason is branding himself with.

We do not wish to be attached to that organization or any organization that condones deceit and theft. We will be removing the avatar to avoid further incorrect association and unless the staff here has some unexpected twist of information, will likely close our account here shortly there after.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your skepticism in our identity and hopefully you can equally appreciate our concerns about this site and the way the vendors are treated.

~electricskateboardbuilder

2 Likes

Earlier this month one of our mods merged two accounts that they were certain was the same person.

IPs and similar vernacular are not indicators of particular people.

Now there are two people with a merged account and one of them has to start all over.

5 Likes

Oh you misunderstand me.
I do not care if you have an affiliation with Jason Potter.
Coming in here and giving lectures on the current problems this forum faces is not appreciated.
My feelings stand.

12 Likes

All we can do is flag posts and zap the inflammatory derailment. Welcome to the internet. Please feel free to flag posts and a mod will deal with it as soon as possible.

We have a lot of vendors on here. they are all treated based on thier behavior and presentation. Make yours your best.

3 Likes

He does really smek of Potts tho. Sure I saw a post where they talk about the ā€œhype cycleā€. Thatā€™s Pooter 101. But heck with it. Not my monkeys, not my circus. I hope this place can continue in a meaningful matter. Iā€™ll let those with more info make the call.

7 Likes

After the shit weā€™ve been through, i see potter behind my goddamned curtains at night.

9 Likes

quick question, why did u remove ur icon?

2 Likes

You should lock the bathroomā€™s door when you have roommates like him

4 Likes