Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

The tolerance would vary based on which motor I used. The motor shafts vary between old flipshit. New flipshit. And haggy motors . All are alittle different on my calipers

Yeah, get the one on the right side of Chris’s desk, not the one in the box resting on his keyboard. Lmk if you need his address :wink:

1 Like

you want a bottle of 648? dm me😉

1 Like

That ok. I have 64000 coming my way . Still need to find mbs wheel spacers tho. Are they the same width for all mbs wheels. I have the plastic rockstars and the aluminium rockstar pros and the five stars. I need some in the US. Moon has them in the uk

2 Likes

the M1ATs iirc come with some spacers
i got some extra if ya want

2 Likes

@poastoast I’ll buy both of these from you if he doesn’t. I’m setting up my GD now and need to loctite everything soon, plus the kit only came with spacers for the rear wheel, and I want them on the front wheels as well.

1 Like

i’ll see what i got layin around
i’m gonna prioritize the other guy for the spacer, but the 648 is all yours!
just pm me and we can get deets and the good stuff

1 Like

Is it supposed to come with grease? I didn’t get any. I have this but I’m not sure how well it would work in the drives.

2 Likes

any lithium based greases like red n tacky, etc works

up to your preference tbh

i use mobil shc-100 grease or whatever the name is normally

3 Likes

Problem solved :+1:

6 Likes

Are the At drives compatible with the aluminium rockstar pros? These are not on the list so was wondering why…cause thats what I’m doing at the moment. @Boardnamics

1 Like

Lol - I use Single Kingpins with Boa 100mm Urethanes and travel anywhere and everywhere in London between 20 > 30 mph.

I really have not seen anyone else riding Urethanes day in, day out though. They’re all on Pneumatics or Cloudy Shit.

P.S. Anyone got any TB110’s in Black they wanna sell ? :wink:

I’m very interested in these Gear Drives too . Boardnamics stuff seems good

2 Likes

does anyone has an idea how to mount the MBS Rockstar II to the wheel adapter?
the inner holes are not fitting to the wheels but the outer holes are not compatible with the attached screws. The screws just slide through the outer holes…:man_shrugging:
If someone already used some MBS Rockstar II with the gear drive please let me know how to solve this issue.
Thank You

3 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe Ryan’s vid will help ya out.How To: Boardnamics AT Gear Drive Teardown & Assembly - YouTube

4 Likes

They’re supposed to just “float” in the hole. Don’t ask me why they’re threaded

Assemble the wheels normally with locknuts and just slide it into the axle

8 Likes

I have to say that I like the floating design. It makes it easy to switch out wheels.

7 Likes

hey, yes - i was too stupid to understand it.
Also i had to sandblast the axels in order to attach the gear adapter. Finally the axle was not long enough- maybe not my talent to mount tide things. I just shorted the screws and float them in. Now it works.

4 Likes

Yeah, I like that too.

2 Likes

Yep you did all the right things

I’m not sure why you had to sandblast the axles, but yeah the fit on the hanger itself can be tight, however, I only experienced that on the Oil Slick ones.

If you are very careful you can drill out the holes on outer five points, but if you got it to work then I guess you’re fine

1 Like