Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

Those motors look amazing. Are they custom one set of them or unreleased and coming in the future?

2 Likes

meh… kinda underpowered if you ask me :rofl:

3 Likes

Email Dex @torqueboards they might still have some :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Yes I can start building the century thanks Kevin

6 Likes

:slight_smile: Mine said 22nd when I looked yesterday. Hawtness. @Boardnamics Looking forward to getting these installed!

4 Likes

It’s like Christmas morning!

7 Likes

How about maintenance of the M1-AT? Do I’ve to disassemble for greasing?

You can if you want but there is not much maintenance required. The first thing that will need to go is the bearings but they’re not easily replaceable. I do recommend taking off the seals and cleaning them though if youre going to be riding in a lot of mud.

5 Likes

Anyone have a link to grease suitable for the drive on Amazon?

1 Like

Pretty sure this is what Kevin uses for his gears
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ARPVO8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_K0391NH4JG4HQDJ1AJPA

5 Likes

in the case of active salt water/mud exposure I think a printed TPU gasket with grease packed would be ideal.

3 Likes

@Dizzie what Alex linked is what he recommended to me too, you can get it at any auto parts store too if you didn’t want to wait for shipping.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to check out my assembly video if you need help :wink:

Feel free to post any questions here too

6 Likes

i use SHC100 grease and it’s been wonderful for me
clean the bearings and pack it in, syringe (no blunt needle tip required) helps the application

keeps most water out and i’ve had little to no degredation in bearing over the winter

2 Likes

Got all this x2 this weekend. Some of it for the thane board and some for the Apex Predator. Time to check fitment on the Apex Airs mount! Thanks Kevin!

17 Likes

did you test the fitment on the airs yet? I just got mine today and it’s not exactly going to slide on down the hanger. Not sure if I am going to have to sand the hanger or what.

1 Like

No. I was told the first batch of airs were machined oversized by the factory. I got them made bigger than a 22mm square once I heard about this. The next round of airs will be the correct tolerance and these adapters will probably be loose

4 Likes

Sounds like a job for…

20210524_144037

4 Likes

Depending on how big the gap is, plastic water bottle or aluminum can works great too

2 Likes

Kaptain Stussy?

1 Like