Bms newbie needs help ?

Just get any basic Daly BMS and bypass discharge. Then set the proper battery values in Vesc Tool.

4 Likes

bypass discharge 100%

6 Likes

Ok as long as it can do the right amount in series good enough? And for charging do I need to keep under the max charge rate still?

What max voltage would u do with this esc Knowing will do high regen?

? ?? Whst voltage u think max I should do?

as long as u don’t exceed 75v (also account for the voltage spike), then it will work

its recommended u don’t go near what the bms is rated for, for example, a 20a charge current bms, u will charge at around 15a.

16s liion max

3 Likes

If I do 18s (lifepo4) can I use a 20s bms? There’s no 18s available

1 Like
there is

ohhh wait, u want lifepo4, there is also 18s version for it

1 Like

The esk8 hub lord is having trouble picking up a BMS? :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s a compliment or not but I’ve never used one and always balanced off board.

1 Like

I was just surprised that someone who stuck around this long haven’t gone through the nitty gritty details of building a battery pack. No offense intended :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ive made many batteries. I just bought 3000 cells earlier this summer. I’ve never done a bms though.

But as soon as I figure how to bypass the bms when discharging… I think I’ll be ready. ?

1 Like

honestly, that’s the easiest part, just two wires, one from negative, and one of the highest series positive, solder to connector for esc, then u have a bypass

2 Likes

So what’s the difference from not bypassing?
So take a wire from the high positive cell and not from the bms?

not bypassing means ur current goes through the bms, and depending on the parameter of the bms, it has the ability to cut off current, which shuts down ur esc

1 Like

I mean what’s the difference in wiring?

If bypass I take the highest positive cell wire and not the bms wire to go to esc?

i think that’s correct, i don’t have the diagram on hand, but it should be correct

battery builder club people might be able to answer that

2 Likes

Positive and negative directly from pack to VESC, and only run the charge port through the BMS

3 Likes

I have masters degree in fine arts!
Lemme share my triptych.

This one is titled “No Bypass”.

This one is called “The Bypass”.

This one is ughhh…

6 Likes

Awesome. Just what I needed thanks.

1 Like