Binding on small commuter boards?

Does anyone use bindings on their smaller boards? I was thinking about putting on some small straps on my meepo mini so that I can jump up curbs, and have more control. What do you guys think of this idea?

If you’re in the city or have to navigate some narrow roads, for the sake of saftey, Id recommend not to go with bindings.

Not so much due to the size of your board but because if you have to wave through relatively dense traffic or pedestrians, it would be safer for you and those around you that you bail and ditch the board easily when needed. If you’re set on the idea you can at the most try the YoBis bindings, those should be easier to bail on than bindings around your feet.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I think slip on bindings are ok, but an interesting configuration would be to mount the bindings closer to the middle than to the nose/tail of the deck, similar to how a Onewheel binding is. That way it’s a bit easier to just star jump and bail if needed.

3 Likes

I use the freebord bindings on my Bajaboard and love them. Not sure how they would go on a smaller board, but they are super easy to bail from on the Baja.

Slip on strap bindings (not ratcheting or form fitting at all) are perfect for this. I can still hop out easily if I keep them a bit loose and you get a ton more turning because you can use the top of your foot against the binding to lean more.

#BindingsForever

Both my @dani diy “freeboard” bindings and MBS F1 are pretty easy to bail out from.

They are also both mounted on decks that are 35" or less :grin:

1 Like

Forgot to add that I was talking about the F1s haha

Or you can get a unicycle and not worry about going up and down curbs, offroading, going down stairs, and going up hills most boards can’t

2 Likes

Or you can build a mountainboard and do all that while looking cool.

Real question, have you taken your uni to a real offroad track yet?

3 Likes

I actually have, and its fucking awesome. Was doing mountain bike trails the other day and holy shit it the uni ate the dirt like a monster

Rain, snow, dirt, stairs, curbs it’ll eat up goddamned anything

1 Like

Nothing better than flying through the woods at an abnormally high speed

1 Like

Man 25mph in the woods felt like 50mph man, adrenaline was pumping through my veins, I have some footage of me going through trails but I didn’t record myself doing the mountainbike trails

Using freeboard hooks on my single moteur jet spud. Very useful to jump, grab your board etc …

3 Likes