Best standard width AT rims in 2022

Bkb has 4 6" tires with tubes for the same price btw

3 Likes

Yeah. I ordered a bunch of them. My friend in NYC received his and has a chance to try them out. He says they are truer than any other tire he has tried and grip like nuts. His new favorite tire.

1 Like

I have a set and the tolerances where the bearing sit is pretty poor too. The bearings just drop out.

I friggin hate these for the loose bearing seat. It doesn’t even know the meaning of the word “tolerance” and is just a whole mm or two larger than a skate bearing.

Unless this is a good thing for some reason, and I’d love to know why, otherwise almost any other rim ever seems like a better option.

Also, just fuck evolve.

3 Likes

Can’t go wrong with Trampa Superstars/Megastars… other than that, MBS Rockstar

1 Like

I haven’t used their hubs so I cannot speak to them. $5 is just a solid deal for hubs

1 Like

Like, maybe as a project or for an RC car… But I wouldn’t want those holding me up on the road. I ditched them within days of learning of alternatives existing.

Do Boardnamics GT3 count as standard width? If so, they’re pretty nice

5 Likes

Are you talking about poor tolerances on the bearing seat? Then you probably want precision machined hubs. GT3 hubs have a slight stretch, but are close to “standard” width

I had a couple loose bearing seats on Rockstar hubs. No issues with Sunmates yet but those came with bearings already press fitted. Though neither of those are precision hubs

1 Like

Has anyone tried the Ant Innovation hubs? Looks primarily like a competitor to Xcell in terms of pricing and materials, but with different wheel designs and only standard width available.

1 Like

We spotted them early on but nobody jumped for them.

2 Likes

Same here. Doesn’t seem to be an issue while riding, but I don’t go fast on my mountainboard. I believe it’s due to the hubs being injection molded, so getting a precise bearing seat is tough / impossible.

These finally dropped

1 Like

No image?

he’s working on it, you can see some pics in the vendor thread

1 Like

4 Likes

Do MBS Rockstar hubs fit 6" tires?

Ordered a set of these. They look very promising!

1 Like

Ok, to summarize what I have been reading, it looks like Sunmate and MBS rims have decent tolerance with no bearings falling out of them. Boardnamics is slightly stretched but has better tolerance since it is machined. Looks like the Boardnamics only fit 10 or 12mm axles.

Rockstar II does not fit 6x2 tires, those are less common now since people can run 150mm Metros or Sunmates on 3.75" hubs

these:

1 Like