Best rims for wide tires?

Throw up some pics once you get ‘em on

1 Like

No, similar style but straight spokes, so it’s still affordable but lighter

3 Likes

Nice, stoked to see it!

1 Like

How wide were the Kaly hubs do you remember? They don’t seem to be listed for sale anymore.

1 Like

There any new options out there now? Trying to get a feel for what’s out there so i can start making some decisions for the board.

I think the most significant new addition to the market would be @tomiboi hubba hubs, as long as you don’t require CNC metal… otherwise @Boardnamics is trying to offload some of his rims at a discount last I heard :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He’s discounting you say :eyes:

1 Like

@Ean.esk8 Hay man, any deep dish hubs on the horizon or a lazy set hiding on a shelf?

anybody have other options that preferably aren’t Trampa?

1 Like

mbs rockstar pro 2 xl?

3 Likes

I have a set of those, but they don’t stretch on the 90mm bead and I’m struggling to find the right tyre with a 100mm seat of the same size (175/200).

The Boundmotor hubs I have actually stretch tyres more than the MBS ones on the same 90mm seat so I was trying to look at Deep Dish (for want of a better descriptor) hubs that might fit the task. I’d really rather not rock meepo either :sweat_smile:

isn’t @Evwan selling some newbee impalers right now for $200 shipped?

not for sale anymore, interesting stuff is happening to those

1 Like

a n o d i z e ?

1 Like

Nah nothing of that sort. They’re finding a new home locally. They’re property of PEVNYC now.

2 Likes

Go baller and hit up jens/etoxx?

2 Likes

not off the table as an idea

Unfortunately, out of rims… I’m going to have some completely new series of rim coming out.

2 Likes

28mm bearing seat?

2 Likes

Yepp, 3 bearing design,76mm wide, quick release…but no more mbs mounting profile.

5 Likes

Boundmotor hubs stretch contact patch more than mbs XL’s? Are you sure? The XL’s have a 44mm lip for 8" tires for example. Whats the lip groove for the bound motor hubs?