Battery enclosure - $40

I’ve made it my mission to make every USAmerican learn as much (relatively) useless stuff about Ireland like our Éircode address system as reparations for having to hear “oh my gawwwd I’m Eye-er-ish too!!! Happy saint Patty’s day!!” every March

5 Likes

I’m stealing this term and claiming it as my own

2 Likes

I think I’m misquoting it from an angry Canadian who’s sick of being left out so absolutely work away, some canuck will thank you one day

1 Like

We went from polite beer bros to this in only a few years. Canada is always left out though it sucks.

As an USAmericun, i fully adopt “post code” as the correct umbrella term. “Zip” makes no fucking sense, like fractional fasteners.

3 Likes

I’m sick of hearing “American” and people assume it means “US”.

Peru checking in…

USAmerican is perfect

2 Likes

This is similar to if people kept saying Europe when they meant Germany specifically.

1 Like

If vesc is top mounted, could one fit a 12s5p 21700 pack in this enclosure?

1 Like

12S5P is 60 batteries

There are 4 compartment. Each compartment can hold 16 batteries

16x4=64

So theoretically you can fit a 12S5P

1 Like

would be a really weird config with 16 cells per section.

Yeah but not impossible. Just really really shit to build

3 Likes

honestly it would probably be better to go with a 16s 4p config in this enclosure if your VESC allows it, would only require 4 more cells.

Nah just go 15 cells per compartment, 3S5P per compartment with some room to breathe and it’s nice and straightforward

3 Likes

Are any of these still available?

Yes, I still have a few pieces in stock

1 Like

Hey @DeuceDos and any other US-based folks wanting to grab one of these… I’m willing to place a combined order to get a few of these shipped to US for the $40 flat rate.

Then probably $20ish to reship one to you domestically. Not a huge savings on shipping but ~$20 is worth about twenty bucks, I figure. :thinking:

Any interest? I’m thinking about ordering 2 anyway…

1 Like