Battery Clearing House

Looks like they still have them but shipping is a killer. I’ll bet they’d make you a good deal though, especially if you buy two, and mention the forum. They’ve had them for a while, so I’m sure they’d be happy to get them out of the warehouse.

1 Like

Wait, you got nuts? I thought they were supposed to come with nuts but I didn’t get any. Can you post a pic of your nuts to share with the group? I’m curious to see if they’re normal nuts or some exotic nut variation. Don’t be shy. :wink:

3 Likes

Full nut shot incoming.

3 Likes

Originally I believe they were selling them with a front and rear wheel, and I definetly need both. (1 motor)

2 Likes

They were… You could pick between a motor hub and unmotorized hub combo or 2 powered hubs.

@Mobutusan

Left nut flipped over

3 Likes

Pretty sure there’s a link for the nuts he uses in that jehu video. He says he ordered from McMaster

1 Like

Yeah they’re just m12 fine threaded

1 Like

Haha well, this is a metal scrap yard, not a vehicle one… and I happened to find it tossed in the “steel” area while loading up a ton-ish of structural steel… Lets just say I probably shouldn’t have just “tossed” it in the back of the 'burban and paid roughly $0.20 a lb for it… I buy so much from them that they just weigh my truck going in, and weigh it coming out, charge me for the addition with nary a question.

That said, this place, as lucky as we are to have it, everything to them is straight scrap. If it’s magnetic it’s steel (even if it’s inconel, 400 series stainless, or pure nickel, if a magnet sticks, it’s scrap steel), if someone rolls up with a trailer load of NOS Bridgeport mills (as an example many will understand, but it’s usually much worse than this), it’s scrap. If you aren’t there to stop them, they’ll pick them up with the claw or knock them off into the same pile as 50 year old rusted out washing machine. However in their defense, if you say “hey hey I want to buy that at steel sale price” they’ll go out of their way to help you load it. I had them cut a 10’ section off a 30" tall, 1" flange bridge I-beam once, from a 40’ long piece. Dropped it in the back of my pickup and off I went, front tires barely touching the ground lol.

(Actually, it’s worse on small machine tools like a Bridgeport, they’re just mainstream enough that inevitably some employee of the yard lays claim to it, puts a tarp over it, and everytime you ask to buy it, they say “Oh no, sorry, so and so wants it” until the tarp rots, the ways, table, spindle all seize up from rust, and eventually it gets tossed in with the rest, like some cruel joke to remind you, it’s all scrap to them.)

3 Likes

Pretty sure they still have them. Shoot them an email, they’re good to deal with directly. Even if they ran out, I bet they’ll get more.

I did email them.

1 Like

You guys know anything about the larger (19") hub motors on AliExpress for E-moto builds? Something like this as a quick search example: super power QS V3 48v 72v 8000W e bike kit motorcycle electric bike motor wheel with waterproof Sabovon controller TFT display|Electric Bicycle Motor| - AliExpress

Think this makes sense for my e-dirt-moto build, or should I go with an external DC motor? I’ve got 4 pretty decent size brushed DC motors that I got salvage… They look like the motors I see people buying for electric car conversions, about the size of a 5-10hp AC induction motor, but unfortunately, no data plate on them at all. I could pretty easily shoe-horn one of these in there, well, probably 3 if I had a way to link them up reasonably, but a hub motor sure sounds a fuck ton easier… :man_shrugging:

I know jack-shit about bikes to be fair. I’m just pissing in the wind, appreciate any input.

1 Like

Can’t do hubs on a dirt bike, the unloaded weight makes the ride horribly uncomfortable and unbalanced although they’re great for street riding.

2 Likes

Thanks man, that’s exactly the sort of shit I need to be told. This bike def not for street, hard mountain riding only. When you guys start wondering “what happened to that Javan guy?” it’s because this fucker got me killed… :dizzy_face:

EDIT: Looks like these BDC motors I’ve got may be perfect. Series wound 7" diameter, reading on some EV forums seems to be what’s recommended for electric motorcycle builds.

3 Likes

Uhh didn’t notice but these are weird 7 sided nuts that I don’t have a tool for so I’m glad I didn’t cancel those one I ordered from Amazon.

2 Likes

Ive been creeping/peeping this thread now for a while. I noticed in my research that it’s essentially impossible to buy a rear ebike hub motor without also buying a controller as a “kit”. I have spare ESC’s laying around. Have any of you found a place that will sell just the rear hub?

2 Likes

Thanks for the gratuitous nut shots!

I didn’t notice the 7 sides either, but I guess it makes sense to provide some security, otherwise there would have been a ton of hubless unicycles littering the streets instead of two wheeled e-bikes.

3 Likes

LG LGX LGU E76A Li-Ion High-Drain Cell 76Ah.STEP (50.4 KB)

4 Likes

@Arzamenable if you liked those 50C ones look at these.

4 Likes

I think I’ve seen some of those on Alibaba but I don’t know if the price is the same

1 Like

https://hhpower.en.alibaba.com/product/1600151714596-828646123/Li_ion_pouch_cell_38ah_46ah_50ah_63ah_68ah_72ah_78ah_lithium_polymer_rechargeable_lipo_battery_3_7v.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.13.6b9c7b1fz6MB4c

yep looks identical other than the text you find on BCH ones

1 Like