BARRIKADE: 4WD Hybrid jumper V2 Update

Sounds like you certainly FOUND OUT. :joy:

I didn’t start strapping rockets to skateboards to make good decisions lmao

This guy fucks

@Sobrik3t how do you like the board? I’m looking to do something very similar, but I’m going to fuck around and find out with a lacroix deck, but I haven’t totally written off a trampa big boi. What ply did you get and how flexy is it?

Did you find a bushing setup that you like for the airs?

My 2 cents: 90+kg loaded (115+kg including board weight), 35/30 angles, 87a cone/fatcone front and back, full bindings.

At a decent speed, the carve on this setup is incredible. Can really throw your weight into it and get some really nice heavy carve action.

BUUUUT at low speed, manouevreability is pretty limited, even with the full bindings.

Board tops out at 58kph, but not even a sniff of wobbles.

I really wanna try the same duro setup with APS bushings. I think my stability at speed may suffer, but the lower rebound should give me a looser setup that’s hopefully a little easier to manage at the lower speeds. Before i switch bushings tho, i may try an extra 5 front and back for a 40/35 split.

3 Likes

This board has been almost completely overhauled since then and will be competing against Stooge riders at AVS, it’s now less of a dirt build and more of a performance oriented 4WD build. I did a lot of experimentation, tweaks to the programming, new ESC’s, new tires, and a ton of tinkering with bushing duro offset on the PKPs and I realized this thing is capable of 50mph without much issue (GPS-confirmed 48mph is our current record with it).

After that, it went to live with one of our pro riders so he could daily it heading into AVS. I’ll try and work an update into this post once we get through AVS, but right now I’m super swamped trying to get the team ready to compete this weekend.

4 Likes

Oh and by I did a lot of experimentation I mean I broke it a ton and forced @ShutterShock to fix it.

I really wanna know more about this when you aren’t slammed with race team prep

6384 all the way around, DV6 Pros, MBS 9s on the XL hubs, overhauled connection to the remote, tons of bushing changes and testing, this thing is looking way different these days.

3 Likes

Absolutely, ping me early next week if I don’t remember and I got you. But tl;dr the trick actually requires blending formulas.

2 Likes

I’m curious what cam ended up on too.

Need to get you a new mount for the light yet again since someone backed into him

Hit me with that bushing tuning update :grimacing:

1 Like