BAESk8 Presents: The First Annual Cannonball Race

reminds me this one

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article224536965.html

1 Like

Reminds me of the Fixed geared messenger race I did in the city 13 years ago.
But we had check points to get an item and put it in a envelope. Didn’t matter how or which way you did it you had to hit all the check points and the items where then checked at the finish line to make sure you hit them all.

3 Likes

Yeah originally this was the plan but there turned out to be too many logistical issues with checkpoints around the city :sweat: Maybe next time

So sick! Sounds like a dam good idea and a great time to excuse ourselves from adulting to go up north for a few days. I’m Sold and 110% down. Already booked a room, you guys are welcome to shack up too. Shit looks really legit, props BAESK8, but prolly gonna suck to host and not be the winner of your own event I’d though I’d imagine… lol. I kid… But let’s do the dam thing! You guys down for real? @mccloed @Mikenopolis @Arzamenable Think they’re going to check for PED’s?

And WTF Doc @Arzamenable I didn’t realize that’s why you were taking pics of Zo’s balls yesterday. LOL. BTW, what color is his…? :joy::rofl::joy:

So is this like the gumball of esk8 almost?

@Psychotiller you’re our sponsor FYI, I decided.

6 Likes

will there be a massive group ride after the race(s)? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not a bad idea, we can do one on Saturday!

3 Likes

So the 6th is nothing structured, just a day to find the best route?

Yes exactly. You can also do route finding the 7th if you don’t want to do it on friday. It’s really just to help you out :stuck_out_tongue:

This is really cool. Hopefully everyone plays it safe and doesn’t try to dart across any traffic

3 Likes

So what’s up @bobby wanna carpool? I wanna make this happen. Just got the green light from the boss🍺
@RedBaron @KaramQ? Anyone else in SD wanna fill up a car and represent in SF?

2 Likes

Hmmm. Some people are constitutionally incapable of following traffic laws… not going to mention names… might be me…nobody saw me so you can’t prove it.

11 Likes

:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

Im afraid I am a no. I have been doing this coding thing nonstop, on top of being husband, dad and working fulltime. Since i refuse to stop with my esk8 activities, I barely have time to sleep

3 Likes

Anyone up for splitting a hotel room in San Fransisco or something? Need a place to charge and sleep unless I want to car camp lol.

1 Like

yes def coordinate an airbnb, looks like a couple of forum homies are coming out. Can’t wait to meet you guys

1 Like

Yeah there are a few forum peeps who’ve registered. If you’re racing please be sure to register or you won’t get a number for racing!

Are there any public charging outlets scattered around SF? Think I’m just going to car camp but will need to charge a few times and I don’t want to sit in starbucks every time. Thank god for fast chargers.

Also not gonna be very fast this time, my speed board is out of commission for a while and my AT will still be single drive by the time the event comes around. Not to mention overheating issues that reduce performance after a bit.

Yeah, check out https://baesk8.club/map for our general ride map and charge spots

1 Like

So we sent out a primer email for the race. Please read it, it’s got super important stuff. Here’s a direct link: https://mailchi.mp/6517ebf92ebe/cannonball-race-info

3 Likes

If you need help let me know.
I’ll be showing up but not racing.

2 Likes