Autism friendly EMTB experiences (UK, South)

Oh yeah? Please tell me more. :rofl:

Seriously though, autistic people are awesome.

5 Likes

does anyone know what takes precedence on PPM vs UART remotes if both are plugged in to the same vesc?

what would happen if PPM remote is fully throttled and the remote instructor brakes with the UART remote and viceversa?

1 Like

Actually the Lacroix Stormcore can do that with their kill circuit developed for robotics, you just need a seperate remote that will send the signal to close the switch.

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, there used to be a guy I used to work with in the Navy. He wasn’t actually enlisted but he was a civilian but it was known he was on the autism spectrum.

This dude had such a crazy intense understanding of electronics that it blew our RC div and E div minds.

So my question is: have you considered working with some DIY builders to open up quick workshop to explain to them what does what and why things work on an electric skateboard? Like a 1 on 1 with an experienced builder who’ll guide them to build their own board and understand the process with electronics. I feel like they’d get pretty interested

4 Likes

Sounds like an awesome tripwire in the making :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You know it!

One of the things I’ve been spending a lot of time on is Downhill Mountain Biking, we’ve been getting increasingly into it and man, it’s fun - let me grab a pic:

(just me, for privacy)

4 Likes

Where abouts are you based?

5 Likes

Good shout!

Added that in the topic name as it seems important!

I’m UK based, south but we travel to wales and Manchester regularly.

1 Like

I’m open to all sorts at the moment, builders - independent and companies both!

I don’t know how big this can grow, there’s only one of me, and I don’t know how many people I can support at once (probably not many!) but one is a good start and if I can do that, I’ll be happy as a start.

1 Like

I recommend @Lee_Wright if you want a builder

5 Likes

Ooh, that’s cool sounding - I know LaCroix are a premium premium builder, so could see they have more options.

1 Like

Is that Lee Wright of YouTube fame? I’ve been watching his videos the last week to get a good feel of the available technologies (and general Shreddery!)

6 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Missed this one, budget is high end prebuild Trampa spec, but ideally I would like to see if I can get 1x board with kill switch and 1x board to chase the participant with for under 3k.

4 Likes

how offroad are we talking? and what sort of range do you anticipate?

Flexibility is key, tarmac is likely to be avoided for my participants, having had a Gen1 Evolve Bamboo in the past and gained some awesome road rash.

The idea with Mountain Boards is to have the option of: Bindings, of Grass / rough stuff, of a variety of surfaces depending on the participant location.

Also, I just kind of really love snowboarding and want to be able to do more big low sweeping carving fun :smiley:

Range, that’s variable, initially I imagine we won’t be doing much at all! But once they get familair, maybe we can do excursions! It’s really about learning what’s possible with the user group.

2 Likes

alright. some back of the napkin math

2 x https://trampaboards.com/trampa-mountainboard-with-12mm-solid-axle-infinity-trucks-ratchet-bindings--custom-wheels-p-26832.html = 1150

2 x focbox unities = 400?
4x motors = 350
2 x @moon geardrives = 500?
2 x battery boxes = 100
misc = 100

thats 2600 leaving you 400 for batteries. probably have to go LIPO at that point.

3 Likes

Pvc junction boxes for top mounting are the best bang for your buck. Waterproof, designed to be outdoors, and very shock resistant. Super cheap as well and available in many shapes. Cuts that price in half.

6 Likes

That is pretty much exactly the area I’m looking at! The only issue with a DIY approach is ensuring that I can get invoices and receipts for the parts, as this will be a business endeavour and needs to go through my accounts,

That said, that’s absolutely ballpark the right region for this endeavour!

2 Likes

OK. Then I would suggest getting it all from Trampa

2 x https://trampaboards.com/urban-electric-mountainboard--urban-motor-mounts-on-custom-trampa-deck-atb-trucks-custom-8-inch-wheels-twin-motor--vesc--no-battery-box--no-bindings-p-26524.html = 2700

thats 300 left for battery box and batteries. Like @Venom121212 said, grab the cheapest waterproof pvc box you can find and spend the rest on LIPos.

3 Likes