At Odds End [Build Log]

Good to know,

Unplugged bms

Slow charging, taking it well so far.

1 Like

Tomorrow is test day, the battery charged to 50.37 the first go, ran detection with the usually flipsky problem work arounds.

Currently using a vx2 and 6.6 dual possibly might deploy my puck in place of vx2. I have some work to do on the enclosure mount. I want to have it bolt to the binding holes.

40 m4s later…

So first thing, odd sagging, bad breaks, weak accel. 12sp 30q should be good for ~40 amps a side no?

30qs were only really good for like 15-20amp draw max, but you’d see a lot of sag.

1 Like

Have you used a 30q 6p? I would expect at least 80 amps from er.

1 Like

80amp should be obtainable from a 6p 30q pack, unless the cells are spent and or something is inhibiting current flow

I have my 12s5p at least at 40 per side, probably more but haven’t touched it in a while.

1 Like

Gotcha, i also think its obtainable. The cells are indeed old but charging fully and have never been cycled until now. I will double check welds and guages.

Plan C or d. Full integrated deck object…

1 Like

1 Like

Successful 2 gen maden voyage. Punch js back i x6 the series connection. I also made modular 3s 6p series packs.

2 Likes

Front binding install

Conclusions

• battery safety
    -boardnamics at is great
    -6p is king

Has anyone foward mounted boardnamics at before?

Quck detach battery binding in progress on jumper

2 Likes

Behold, the mothership of m4/m5
Only 72,000 to go.

1 Like

For whatever reason, my flipsky decided to blow mid ride. Its been fine for a bit and then outta no where i get a short on the left motor channel.

I pull the stormcore from my bike and the same thing is happening although the stormcore is protecting against whatever the problem is.

Any idea as to why an esc would shit the bed randomly and then a new one would behave similarly? The motors read good hall sensors and amps and what not no funny sounds.

It seems to be one side that cuts and haults. My suspicion is its my hoyt puck, i cant get my flipsky vx2 to read battery from the stormcore or throttle it.

Motor looks new

3 Likes

Check for faults on the Stormcore. If you are getting ABS OC faults, then those are usually caused by intermittently shorted internal motor windings, poor soldering on the bullets, poor bullet connection, or a phase shorting to ground somewhere. If both the Flipsky and Stormcore are struggling with the motor, then you could try redoing the bullet and inspecting the phase wires. Otherwise it may be time for a new motor.

2 Likes

Thank you for the knowledge ill do some more inspecting. Outta curiosity if a sensor wire was frayed and touching something metal could it cause this, say the white wire?

The blue phase wire on the suspect motor was 90% disconnected. Thanks for looking out. Tough to fix, does the front panel of a 6374 come off?

2 Likes

Sounds like you found the root cause! A great example of reasonable abs limits saving the controller.

Motor disassembly and repair is more @b264’s wheelhouse, maybe he has some tips

2 Likes

Thank the lord the stormcore survived.

1 Like